View Full Version : Palm to Outlook

heydave
12-09-2002, 08:59 AM
I'm trying to make the switch from Palm to Pocket PC. My problem is that I've got 1,300 memos on my Palm Desktop in about 10 categories. I like carrying them around with me on my pda. I've heard that Pocket Pc won't sync the notes sub-folders in Outlook. I've been looking into HPC Notes to get that done. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm reserved in switching because of 2 main things:
1. I like the Palm Desktop Memo pad view
2. I like the Palm Desktop contact view - it doesn't have as many options as outlook, but it's so easy to find people.

Any suggestions?

KyleC
12-09-2002, 12:05 PM
If you set "Notes" to syncronize, it will sync your Pocket PC notes with Outlook. However, unless you have been syncing your Palm with Outlook, they won't get on there. You can use Pocket Mirror to sync with Outlook, or you can manually export your notes from Palm Desktop to Outlook. Microsoft Outlook's view is very customizable, so you can set it to show various levels of data when you first use it. When you double-click on the name of a person, the entire information is editable and visible. The view of Contacts in a Pocket PC is very well done, and since I have come from a Palm, I can appreciate the simple design. You basically see a list of last names, a comma, then first names, then to the right is the telephone number, etc. whatever you chose to display. you can tap on the letter beside it, such as an "h" for home, then a list will come down with all the contact numbers for that person. If you wish, you can tap a different one to be shown on the main screen.

jeasher
12-09-2002, 04:28 PM
How do I sync my Palm to Outlook?

huangzhinong
12-09-2002, 05:53 PM
How do I sync my Palm to Outlook?

get the latest Palm sync software from www.palm.com(4.0), it has an option to sync with outlook.

JohnnyFlash
12-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Depending on what device you have, the software may or may not be included on the CD that cam with your device. Pocket Mirror from Chapura ("http://www.chapura.com) will do th trick quite nicely, and it comes on the CD for your device if you have a Palm m series PDA. I don't know about any other handhelds, though.

:drinking: