View Full Version : help!! ipaq stuck at boot screen!

mscdex
12-08-2002, 10:21 PM
While I was fiddling with my ipaq to try and get my pcmcia network card to work again, I tried rebooting a couple times and now I just rebooted again and now it's stuck at the white and red boot screen. The reason why I rebooted this time was because I got a "just in time debugging" window that came up, and everything was frozen, i couldn't hit ok or cancel. Someone please help! :(

Ed Hansberry
12-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Try removing the SD card and the PCMCIA sleeve. If that fails, something may have gone wrong with the install of the driver and is preventing the driver from initializing properly and is hanging the device at boot. You may need to hard reset. :cry:

mscdex
12-08-2002, 10:43 PM
it's a 3635, so no sd slot. i need to know if there absolutely anything else i can try without hard resetting because i had a lot of important documents on there. :(

Ed Hansberry
12-08-2002, 10:46 PM
Nope, unfortunately not. Don't worry - all of your data is on your PC. You do sync, right? And backups? Can't you just restore your most recent backup then resync?

mscdex
12-08-2002, 10:51 PM
the only backup i've done was the one i did right before i installed linux. and that was a long while ago. :( and i don't sync my files. guess i'll learn one of these days :cry:

Steven Cedrone
12-09-2002, 12:13 AM
the only backup i've done was the one i did right before i installed linux. and that was a long while ago. :( and i don't sync my files. guess i'll learn one of these days :cry:

I know you're not going to want to hear this: When you do something like replace the OS of a device with an unsupported OS, you really should make sure you have backups of your critical data...

Your best bet, before you do a hard reset: ask these people...

http://www.ipaqlinux.com/

http://www.handhelds.org/

Good luck...

Steve

mscdex
12-09-2002, 12:23 AM
No, I've had windows ce back on my ipaq for quite some time now, I haven't had it on there for months. Doesn't matter anymore, I reluctantly did a hard reset.

Steven Cedrone
12-09-2002, 12:28 AM
No, I've had windows ce back on my ipaq for quite some time now, I haven't had it on there for months. Doesn't matter anymore, I reluctantly did a hard reset.

Sorry, from what you said in your post I thought you were still on Linux...

Steve