View Full Version : Anyone have experiences with the Pocketop Wireless Keyboard?

Vasant56
12-07-2002, 09:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the Pocketop keyboard and whether or not you would recommend it. BTW, I have a Toshiba E310 PPC so it is my only keyboard option.

Thank you

Also, could you answer the following questions:

How difficult is it to align the infra red ports (can you just set it up, and will it detect automatically?)

Will the connection break in the middle of typing?

yvilla
12-07-2002, 10:56 PM
I got it not too long ago, and although I haven't had time to use it extensively, it was easy to use immediately, and worked fine.

The reason I really like it is its useability with any PPC--I'm tired of getting peripherals that are tied to the PPC's often proprietary port, and that thus have to be bought all over again if you upgrade or change to a different PPC. Combine it with Jay Lagorio's free Word Commands for extra control key functionality (http://www.lagorio.net/pocketpc/wordcommands/), and you have a really nice setup.

Had no problem getting the infrared signal going, even though my e550G has its IR port on the side--the keyboard comes with a utility to go landscape too.

Vasant56
12-08-2002, 12:11 AM

Do you know how it will work with the E310, as it has such a small IR port?

yvilla
12-08-2002, 12:24 AM
Sorry to say I'm unfamiliar with the E310. Is the IR port really much smaller than other PPCs? On my e550G its a rectangle 3/8" by 1/8".

Vasant56
12-08-2002, 01:02 AM
I just measured, and it seems to be the exact same size, so hopefully it will work.

BTW do you have a good image that would show be where your IR port is located on the PPC so I can use it as a reference for mine.
Thank you

yvilla
12-08-2002, 01:40 AM
Go here: http://genio-e.com/pda/products/index_j.htm

See where it says CATALOG about the middle of the right hand side of the page? Hit the second "download" button underneath that, and go to page four of the PDF brochure. It has exactly what you're looking for.

Vasant56
12-08-2002, 04:15 AM
oh, I understand know :)

Your IR port is on the actual side of the PDA, does the infra red still connect in portrait mode?