View Full Version : Carrying Cases

mpfeifer
12-07-2002, 02:36 PM
I have seen several threads on cases but it seems most have been from the vendors. Does anyone have a particular case that is well made, compact, etc,... that they really like?

What is the best source for accessories for the the t-mobile unit.

TIA
Mark

Monty Gibson
12-07-2002, 04:56 PM
I have seen several threads on cases but it seems most have been from the vendors. Does anyone have a particular case that is well made, compact, etc,... that they really like?

What is the best source for accessories for the the t-mobile unit.

TIA
Mark

For cases do not go anywhere but here: www.vajacases.com the choice is yours once you get there. I have the standard case because of these reasons; and trust me it was hard to decide:

1.) The "flap" that holds credit cards, money and your SD cards can fold all the way back so that way your left with the ability to talk on the "phone" without having something touching the back of your head.

2.) It adds the least amount of "bulk."

3.) Its very rigid leather; awesome quality.

4.) Luckily enough, it's the cheapest :wink:

The I-Volution does not fold back all the way thus the "flap around the head" effect, the 2 toned didn't appeal to me, and the T-Buron is too bulky, and it does not have a place to hold SD cards and it doesn't even really protect the screen 8O .

Best source :?: What do you mean, where do you go, what site do you surf, what accessories are the best :?:

I prefer to go to either Yahoo! Shopping to comparison shop for the lowest price on what I'm looking for or I go to the new www.pricegrabber.com and look for something there that interests me. I've been wanting a camera and of course the SD slot is not SDIO compatible so I bought a very small camera from here:

http://www.aiptek.com/products/digital/sd.htm

It supports a 128mg SD card, the camera takes stills and AVI video :idea: so I will just swap the card "on the run" and then will be able to send the photos via e-mail to whomever I wish and for the video, Windows Media Player for PocketPC2002 does not support AVI, no biggie, I will just go home run it through a converter and make it WMP compatible.

That's the camera issue solved IMHO. Next, keyboard. Depends on what you desire, do you like the feel of real keys? Or do you prefer being able to tap on the screen without having to lug around another piece of equipment? Here are your answers to both:

Hardware:

Some of the "product specific" accessories coming soon

1.) http://www.myxda.com/web/template/XdaAccessories.vm

Here is a cool keyboard that is flexible thus can be rolled up and put in it's included pouch, but you need an adapter for it and there is one available that allows you to use iPAQ accessories with the T-Mobile/XDA/O2/MDA:

2.) http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/handango/product.asp?cat%5Fname=&cat%5Fid=&pf%5Fid=MP250280&dept%5Fid=3715&listing=1

Software:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&jid=DX1864BFE9EA53D1139554F821D8DEE6&productId=42055&optionId=1_2_2&productType=2&catalog=30&txtSearch=keyboard+spb&sectionId=0&platformId=2

This should get you going so take care,
Monty Gibson

Steven Cedrone
12-07-2002, 04:59 PM
What??? No post from Pony99CA about proper URL formating? Pony99CA are you ill??? :wink:

Steve

Monty Gibson
12-07-2002, 05:42 PM
What??? No post from Pony99CA about proper URL formating? Pony99CA are you ill??? :wink:

Steve

What there's a "proper way to quote?" :roll: At least I try and give information here. I've asked for advice several times and nothing has been given. So, who cares what "pretty URL format" someone posts as long as the person who is seeking advice and information is given it. So, Pony99CA before you jump in; don't bother.

Take care,
Monty

Steven Cedrone
12-07-2002, 06:14 PM
What there's a "proper way to quote?" :roll:

long URLs mess up the board's text wrapping and force horizontal scrolling for most of the posts on that page...

At least I try and give information here. I've asked for advice several times and nothing has been given.

There are very few times questions go unanswered on this board. Perhaps you should have either "bumped" your question, or rephrased it? In looking at you post history, I only see one time a post has gone unanswered...

So, who cares what "pretty URL format" someone posts as long as the person who is seeking advice and information is given it. So, Pony99CA before you jump in; don't bother.

Thanks for putting us all in our place... :?

Steve

Cortex
12-10-2002, 03:10 AM
depends on the type of case you want

i personally dont like the tight fitting cases you leave on the device while you use them (like the one that came with it -- although it is pretty high quality for a default case).

i ended up buying a case from toshibe for the eXXX series devices that works well. its just a rectangular box with an open top and a leather strap to hold the device in. the length is perfect and it has an open bottom for syncing as well as access to the sd slot. it also has sd card pockets on the back and a nice swivel belt clip. works well.

my only grips are it has a snap button for the strap rather than velcro (the button risks scratching the device when removing it). also the width is slightly too big.

$20 at compusa

mdavidm
12-14-2002, 07:26 AM
Check out the slipper case at www.ebcases.com. I received mine today, and I am VERY pleased. It is very nice leather, completely covers the periphery of the unit, and has perfectly aligned cutouts for the various buttons and signal LED. It is easy on the wallet too, at under $40.