View Full Version : New PocketPC User, Just Recieved My Axim!

zippy7182
12-02-2002, 11:12 PM
Hello,

As the topic says, I am a new PocketPC user & I have just recieved my Axim. This is my first handheld, and my wait is finally over. I have been coming to this site for over a year waiting for a PocketPC with the features of the Axim at an affordable price. Now that I have my Axim sitting in its cradle charging for the 4 hours, I decided to right this post.

The main reason for this post is that I have recieved a travel sync cable with my Axim. I did not purchase the travel sync cable, only the cradle.

I was wondering if anyone else has recieved a travel sync cable with their orders. I ordered mine on the 18th, and this was before the fixed the problem with the cradle not being the default selection. So I changed it to the cradle only, and since I am waiting for a 3rd party travel sync & power cable I made sure it was the cradle only and not both the cradle & cable.

If anyone gets a chance, maybe you can enlighten me about the free travel sync cable. Also, if you can provide me with some of your selections for the best software & games to install on my Axim it will be appreciated.

Thank you for reading my Post,
Proud New Owner of an Axim :mrgreen:

Kati Compton
12-03-2002, 12:17 AM
The main reason for this post is that I have recieved a travel sync cable with my Axim. I did not purchase the travel sync cable, only the cradle.

I was wondering if anyone else has recieved a travel sync cable with their orders. I ordered mine on the 18th, and this was before the fixed the problem with the cradle not being the default selection. So I changed it to the cradle only, and since I am waiting for a 3rd party travel sync & power cable I made sure it was the cradle only and not both the cradle & cable.

There's a whole bunch of people on the Dell forums that had this problem. Call Dell and tell them that you ordered the cradle but didn't receive it. They seem to be sending out cradles to the people that had the same problem. Plus, you get to keep the USB cable, so seems like a good deal all 'round to me. ;)

msprague
12-03-2002, 12:33 AM
I am pretty sure that zippy received both the cradle and the cable.

zippy7182
12-03-2002, 04:14 AM
I am pretty sure that zippy received both the cradle and the cable.

Yes, I did recieve both. If I did not get my cradle I would be a little angry. :lol:

ThomasC22
12-03-2002, 04:36 AM
Just a bunch of cradles for me...

Brad Adrian
12-03-2002, 04:40 AM
As far as software is concerned, you're bound to get 29,485 different opinions. I'd recommend you go to www.handango.com and just poke around and search for various types of software. However, the stuff I install immediately on my devices includes:

DeveloperOne's CodeWallet Pro
Laridien's Pocket Bible
DeveloperOne ScreenSnap
Transcriber or Calligrapher
Conduits Pocket Slides
Conduits Pocket Album
Spb GPRS Monitor
Handmark Scrabble
ListPro

ThomasC22
12-03-2002, 05:15 AM
Oh yeah, the software, sorry... :oops:

Games I would suggest Turjah I, it's old news in the PocketPC world but I still think it was the greatest PDA game out there. Turjah II is also good but a lot harder to control.

I'd pick up Chopper Alley (or atleast the Demo) just as a show piece, I never found the game that fun but the graphics were incredible.

I'm going to disagree with Brian here and say pickup eWallet but it's largely personal preference and I'd suggest you check out the demo of each and decide.

Wisbar is a must as far as I'm concerned, it's just a much more functional title/taskbar for the PocketPC.

It's lacking in functionality, but I use PocketMoney (and MS Money on my PC) and I find that very useful. There is also a program for quicken users out there.

I also use Streets and Trips (and PocketStreets) when I'm driving around.

umm...that's all I can think of for now...

Oh wait, Dashboard, GET DASHBOARD!!!! Really, it's the most useful app I have.

Oh, and you should checkout PocketInformant, I had it but it was a little too cluttered for me, but a lot of people use it and like it alot.

Ok, that's it, Good Luck!