View Full Version : Is there a decent Shopping List program on the Pocket PC?

ti2gr
12-01-2002, 06:34 AM
Is there a decent shopping list program on teh Pocket PC? I was using a Palm m505 until about two weeks ago and was using a great little program called Splash Shopper by Splashdata. This was the best shopping program I had ever seen or used. I have tried several on the Pocket PC during trial periods and such , but I still haven't found a Pocket PC program that comes remotely close to Splash Shopper.

Jason Dunn
12-01-2002, 06:35 AM
Have you tried VO Shopping List? Google it...

ti2gr
12-01-2002, 06:41 AM
I have tried VO Shopping List and cpmpared to Splash Shopper, VO is a piece of crap.

Steven Cedrone
12-01-2002, 07:26 AM
I have tried VO Shopping List and cpmpared to Splash Shopper, VO is a piece of crap.

Awww c'mon, tell us how you really feel... :roll:

Steve

ti2gr
12-01-2002, 09:07 AM
Well, actually compared to Splash Shopper, VO Shopping List has a terrible interface. With Splash Shopper you can designate different stores and their prices with each item. (ie, Dirty Dancing DVD, available at Target @ $9.44, Best Buy and Circuit City @ $9.99. If I were in Best Buy, the price on my list for Dirty Dancing would be red, letting me know it is cheaper someplace else. Tapping the item would bring up the item's information and the sore field would say '-MULTIPLE- If I tap "-MULTIPLE-" the stores associated with the item and their prices would show up. This let's me know wher it was I saw the lowest price.

I have found excellent PPC replacements for just about everything else that I regularly used on my Palm as indicated below:

Task List, Contacts, Appointments, Notes, Daily Record
Palm:Franklin Covey Planning Software 8.1
Pocket PC - Franklin Covey Plan Plus for Microsoft Outlook

Financial
Palm: Splash Money
Pocket PC: Pocket Money

Photos:
Palm: Splash Photo and/or PhotoSuite
Pocket PC: ArcBase Photo

Automobile
Palm: AutoBase
Pocket PC: Personal Vehicle Manager

Password/ID Wallet
Palm: Splash ID
Pocket PC: Code Wallet

The only one left now is the shopping software.

medic119
12-09-2002, 08:26 AM
Try ListPro from Ilium Software. Its an awesome program with nested fields, flags, etc. Its more like a Falt file Database designed for listmaking rather than a simple To do lister..

dazz
12-09-2002, 04:49 PM
I'd suggest HanDBase from DDHsoftware.

here: www.ddhsoftware.com

It is a relational database app and you can create a huge variety of applets with it. There are a number of shopping applets in their gallery.

dazz