View Full Version : I saw a Viewsonic in CompUSA

aerin44
11-28-2002, 05:44 AM
It was strapped down on a PocketPC display kiosk so I couldn't pick it up, but I could play with it. They said they will have them in stock on Friday or Saturday.

I asked this question in another thread but didn't get an answer. Will there be anyway to connect my T68i to the Viewsonic without taking up the SD slot with a bluetooth card? For that matter, is there a bluetooth card that will work in the Viewsonic?

ThomasC22
11-28-2002, 08:41 AM
I asked this question in another thread but didn't get an answer. Will there be anyway to connect my T68i to the Viewsonic without taking up the SD slot with a bluetooth card? For that matter, is there a bluetooth card that will work in the Viewsonic?

I don't know of any way right off the bat but I would keep checking here (http://www.thesupplynet.com/), they tend to come out with new products fairly quickly!

For that matter, is there a bluetooth card that will work in the Viewsonic?

As for a Bluetooth card, and I would call the manufacturer just to double check on this, but I know SocketCom makes a Bluetooth SD Card (http://www.socketcom.com/about/press/read.asp?ID=64). I've used their Digital Phone Cards and they've always been top notch.

Another Alternative which should work is the Palm Bluetooth Card (http://www.palm.com/products/accessories/expansioncards/bluetooth/) which should also work.

Again, I would check with the manufacturer to make sure though.

solus
11-30-2002, 04:32 AM
I saw the Viewsonic V35 at CompUSA as well. The screen seems a bit foggy...or something .. kinda whiteish. Like if you turn the brightness on your screen up VERY high. Maybe you can turn the brighness down to fix it. Anyways. I saw it side by side a iPaq 39xx. The 39xx was a better screen, IMO - pending the foggyness issue... if it is an issue and not just my eyes..

Kirkaiya
11-30-2002, 06:04 AM
Well.. it wouldn't suprise me too much if the 39xx has a slightly better screen - the 3955 is about $200 more than the Viewsonic, which is quite a price differnce (assuming you can get the 3950/55 for $500... )

Mine is supposed to show up via Amazon on the 4th, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it looks. My iPaq 3650's touchscreen is broken, and in any case, one of the front-lights went out over the summer, so it was on it's way to PDA heavan anyway.

Janak Parekh
11-30-2002, 05:03 PM

I don't know of any way right off the bat but I would keep checking here (http://www.thesupplynet.com/), they tend to come out with new products fairly quickly!
Your other alternative to a SupplyNet cable would be IR. The T68i fully supports IR connections, and the Viewsonic should as well.

--bdj

Kirkaiya
12-10-2002, 03:59 AM
I just got back from CompUSA, and they had about 20 Viewsonic V35's there, and I bought one. !!!!!

:-)

However.... I almost bought the HP 1910 - the screen is noticably richer, and it just *felt* smaller, sleeker, and better made. The only things that held me back were the lack of SDIO, and the battery life... but it's sooooooo sweet (the 1910).

My V35 looks much more "utilitarian", but... i can always trade it back for a 15% restocking fee!!!

So anywaze, CompUSA DOES HAVE THEM (Columbia, MD, store, anywaze).

patwoods
03-14-2003, 03:39 PM
ISo anywaze, CompUSA DOES HAVE THEM (Columbia, MD, store, anywaze).

All the cool kids must be in MD! ;) I saw one last night at an Office Depot in Parkville... small world, eh?

Good to see you held out on the v35 over the 1910. My co-worker has one, and it feels slightly slower than my v35, but that could be completely psychological. He doesn't boost his to 300 Mhz though.. that might be it.

Overall I still like mine over the 1910. And it is lighter and thinner, so it is less obtrusive in my pocket.