View Full Version : t68i plus iPAQ 3975 - What's needed for wireless internet?

inkfox
11-26-2002, 08:23 PM
I find references to "bluetooth modem" in the manuals for my iPAQ 3975 and my Ericsson T68i, but I'm not finding a definitive guide on how to put the two together for wireless internet.

I've got AT&T WS and I'd like to use it for net access on the go.

Do I need a dial-up ISP to use the "bluetooth modem" capability, or does this run through the AT&T network's data channels?

Am I correct in believing this can be done via bluetooth, or do I need a physical cable for this ability?

inkfox
11-26-2002, 08:48 PM
I find references to "bluetooth modem" in the manuals for my iPAQ 3975 and my Ericsson T68i, but I'm not finding a definitive guide on how to put the two together for wireless internet.

I've got AT&T WS and I'd like to use it for net access on the go.

Do I need a dial-up ISP to use the "bluetooth modem" capability, or does this run through the AT&T network's data channels?

Am I correct in believing this can be done via bluetooth, or do I need a physical cable for this ability?

My apologies. My coworker informs me that the bluetooth modem is purely a conduit for gprs. This would seem to be a duplicate question, and my answer is here:

http://www.ppcw.net/downloads/T68_3X70_Configuration_guide12.pdf

don dre
11-26-2002, 09:44 PM
I've been using this for a few weeks and other than the glaring need for a new pocket IE, it's pretty cool.