View Full Version : Review of the DELL Axim X5

Cortex
11-26-2002, 06:00 PM
Just found a review of the DELL Axim including comments on performance and battery life at CNet.

http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0-2709830-404-20636982.html?tag=dir

Rirath
11-26-2002, 06:47 PM
That is one good lookin screen. 8O :D Great to hear it does indeed come with Rosco and the Powerpoint software. $40 of free, useful software. Incredible. The business users will probably do a backflip over the powerpoint software, and who can't use a good picture viewer with a screen like that. And don't foget the included warranty. (Don't think I saw that in the review?) With all of this and the near perfect gaming reports coming in, this thing could have easily held it's own in the $499 range.

ThomasC22
11-26-2002, 06:53 PM
Just found a review of the DELL Axim including comments on performance and battery life at CNet.

http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0-2709830-404-20636982.html?tag=dir

The sad part is that I've taken to not trusting CNet even when I agree with them :?

The battery life issue was interesting, I hadn't heard that before. But for the most part this was just regurgitated <sp> press release, I didn't get much out of it (boy have I turned into a cynic)

Rirath
11-26-2002, 06:56 PM
I didn't get much out of it (boy have I turned into a cynic)

Nah, C|Net has just lost what once made them great. To me, it really started to go down hill when they switched from the yellow color scheme. Then a 100 other domains started poping up, and poof... we've got C|Net of today. And now that ZDnet has joined em... there's little hope. PC Mag I don't agree with any more as well, so... there's a big void.

Kati Compton
11-26-2002, 07:32 PM
That is one good lookin screen. 8O :D Great to hear it does indeed come with Rosco and the Powerpoint software. $40 of free, useful software. Incredible. The business users will probably do a backflip over the powerpoint software

Not just "business"... grad students too. :) But I think if I tried a backflip, I'd hurt something....

Jhokur2k
11-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Our only gripe is that there's no separate dongle for syncing the unit without the cradle.

Doesn't the sync cable count? :D