View Full Version : targus stowaway keyboard driver

mscdex
11-24-2002, 04:42 PM
recently i had tried to see if the cleartype applet would work on my ipaq 3635 without doing a hard reset, and lo-and-behold, what happens? a hard reset. so i reinstalled all my apps, etc. i had before the hard reset, but when i try and reinstall the stowaway driver, it gives me an error on the pocketpc screen saying: "The language resource ifnormation has not been set in the registry. Please use the correct installation process."

I am using activesync to install the program from Add/Remove programs under Tools. Can someone help? Thanks.

Pony99CA
11-25-2002, 09:01 AM
recently i had tried to see if the cleartype applet would work on my ipaq 3635 without doing a hard reset, and lo-and-behold, what happens? a hard reset. so i reinstalled all my apps, etc. i had before the hard reset, but when i try and reinstall the stowaway driver, it gives me an error on the pocketpc screen saying: "The language resource ifnormation has not been set in the registry. Please use the correct installation process."

I am using activesync to install the program from Add/Remove programs under Tools. Can someone help? Thanks.
What ClearType applet is this? I have the CNetX one on my iPAQ 3870, and it works fine.

As for the Targus driver, have you tried reinstalling it from the disc it came on? Maybe you lost some of the files that Add/Rmove Programs needs.

Steve

mscdex
11-25-2002, 12:50 PM
the cleartype applet i tried to install was the cnetx one. there is something wrong with my ipaq, because when i try to install other "special" software other than the cleartype applet, usually software the makes changes to the operating system (i.e. nyditot, js landscape, etc.), it does a hard reset after doing a soft reset. It just started doing this after I restored my rom to the pocketpc os after uninstalling linux on my ipaq. even though I have no compaq warranty for my ipaq 3635 (the warranty was voided when i got the 64mb ram upgrade), i wonder if HP will fix my ipaq for free since they say they will fix your ipaq if something happens to it when you try installing linux on it. question is, does this "warranty" they say extend to the time period AFTER uninstalling linux?

As for the stowaway problem, i finally got it to work by uninstalling the driver from the desktop and pocketpc, then i re-ran the install file and installed the desktop and pocketpc again and it worked fine. Windows... sheesh :roll: