View Full Version : "In Production"

Kati Compton
11-24-2002, 08:53 AM
I checked my order status (order placed on Nov 19th... I'm a little slow... ;))

It has moved from "pre-production" to "in production"

I'm taking that as a good sign... Unfortunately, I don't know how long "production" takes. I would assume actual production takes longer than pre-production... So at least 4 more days before shipping, and most likely people won't be working on (US's) Thanksgiving.

But - thought I'd point out the change.

"What are you preparing? You're always preparing! Just GO!" -- Spaceballs

Zeratul
11-24-2002, 03:27 PM
Mine moved from pre-production to inproduction too! But the ship date moved from Dec 16 to Dec 17 =/

Kati Compton
11-24-2002, 05:52 PM
Mine moved from pre-production to inproduction too! But the ship date moved from Dec 16 to Dec 17 =/

Hmm. Mine has stayed at Dec 13th.

Kati Compton
11-24-2002, 06:23 PM
I checked on the Dell site on the "need it sooner" button next to the Axim (which always falsely raises my hopes... "All I need to do to get it sooner is click this button?" :)) And it brought up a window that said that build-time takes 15 days. :( I'm hoping that is an over-estimate.

Dave Beauvais
11-24-2002, 06:53 PM
Sounds like they're using the same status notification system for Pocket PCs as they do for standard PCs. There is no "build time" for a Pocket PC. With PCs and servers, "build time" includes such things as assembling the PC, installing any additional hardware you specified, installing software images, etc., and testing to make sure everything works. With Pocket PCs, they aren't installing extra software on it, customizing your hardware configuration, or anything like that. Just keep an eye on it and make sure they don't keep pushing the ship date back.

--Dave

Roosterman
11-25-2002, 04:14 AM
This is my first post to this forum, but I have been following the discussion closely about the Dell's. I had placed my order at 7:15 last Monday the 18th. The order said shipping on or before Dec 5. After reading Kati's post about moving to in production, I check and mine also had been put in this status. However, the ship date on the site now said Dec 30 - Dec 30. What's with this? Is it just a typo on their end? If it gets pushed out almost a month I'll probably say screw it. I was really excited at what the Dell offers, but if they are going to play games I'll go else where.

Kati Compton
11-25-2002, 04:23 AM
Mine still says expected ship of Dec 13th, with expected arrival of Dec 18th-20th.

Did you order the keyboard with yours? I remember seeing that adding it might delay an order...

Roosterman
11-25-2002, 04:37 AM
Didn't order anything extra. Just the barebones 300. I'm upgrading from a Handspring Visor and thought this would be a great way to jump into the PPC world and not give and arm and a leg. Just don't like the thought of the extra months wait or the playing games. Maybe I'll give them a call first thing in the Morning.

Kati Compton
11-25-2002, 04:56 AM
Didn't order anything extra. Just the barebones 300. I'm upgrading from a Handspring Visor and thought this would be a great way to jump into the PPC world and not give and arm and a leg. Just don't like the thought of the extra months wait or the playing games. Maybe I'll give them a call first thing in the Morning.

Perhaps it matters which one you ordered? I ordered the 400MHz. It could be there was a bigger demand for the 300MHz one, and they're having more trouble filling those orders.

Let us know what they say when you call them.

enemy2k2
11-25-2002, 12:52 PM
The Canadian site doesn't give me any info on my order status, though I asked customer service and they said that I will receive one of the first batch of Axims that they get in stock and that they expect it to ship about Dec.6th or so.

Roosterman
11-25-2002, 02:57 PM
Well they said it must have been a fluke, in between postings to the server. They saw now I should expect delivery Dec 10 - 12. Makes me much happier. Still wish it would get here sooner. This reminds me of when I was a kid waiting for Christmas to get here and seeming like it never will. :D

Kati Compton
11-25-2002, 05:00 PM
I'm waiting to hear if ThomasC22's has shipped yet, as he said his was supposed to be shipped today.....

enemy2k2
11-25-2002, 07:50 PM
I'm waiting to hear if ThomasC22's has shipped yet, as he said his was supposed to be shipped today.....

Oh yeah... he ordered five of them! Hopefully he'll have a review up for us very very soon :D

Roosterman
11-25-2002, 11:20 PM
Just visited my account site online and it showed that kitting, build and testing where done. All that is left is Boxing and shipping. :D

Maybe, it will ship before Thanksgiving(I know, I am only setting myself up for disappointment, but one can only hope).

Jhokur2k
11-26-2002, 03:01 AM
I ordered mine last week (wednesday)... just got put into "production" on saturday. Ship date is listed as the 17th of Dec. 8O :cry: Oh well, it'll be sweet :D Upgrading from my 2nd palm device (palm 3 > handspring visor).

Rirath
11-26-2002, 03:24 AM
Hey yeah, changed to in production here as well. Though none of the steps are done. Estimated ship is the 16th. Hmm, I may yet make that first batch. Here's hoping. Anyone here pay for faster shipping to give the rest of us cheapo's a heads up?

Jhokur2k
11-26-2002, 03:25 AM
I paid for overnight! :p