View Full Version : Viewsonic V35 Availability

Jason Dunn
11-22-2002, 05:45 PM
Thoughts reader Jason Asher did some investigating with Viewsonic, and seems to have confirmed some valuable information for those of you waiting on the V35:<br /><br /><i>"Here is the information I just got from Viewsonic inside sales. 'The first retailers to get the V35 will be Amazon and CompUSA. The unit should be in the CompUSA stores within one week. Amazon is showing a November 30th release date which is consistent with the information I was just given. I expect Amazon to start shipping prior to 11/30. After the initial allotment to those two retailers only, every other distributor of the V35 will get their shipment "sometime close to the 1st of the year.' Only CompUSA and Amazon are getting a piece of the first shipment."</i>

mookie123
11-22-2002, 06:12 PM
Since we know that amazon.com isn't taking anymore pre-oder, the V35 is pretty much sold out for the year. CompUSA share probably will be gone pretty quick too.

well. this is quick.

jeasher
11-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Amazon just started taking pre-orders again. In fact, I just ordered one so I could take advantage of the $25 rebate.

shawnc
11-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Amazon's website finally provides an expected delivery date of Nov-26 on my Nov-5 preorder. I have learned so much from this site. Thanx to all for your advice over the past few months. :D

jizmo
11-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Well, it seems that if Viewsonic had some problems with V35, the problems are now solved. Too bad Viewsonic is still too quiet about the product and its real availability.

That's more than enought to turn one's mind against buying the device. I really think they should be more open to the community.

/jizmo

Kirkaiya
11-22-2002, 09:35 PM
Amazon's website finally provides an expected delivery date of Nov-26 on my Nov-5 preorder. I have learned so much from this site. Thanx to all for your advice over the past few months. :D

See, now this is pissing me off - I ordered on November 3rd, but when I click on my account/open orders page, it still says, "Not Yet Shipped: 1 item - delivery estimate: not yet available"

When I click on the actual product page for the V35, it says, "This item will be released on November 30, 2002"

I hope Amazon is doing these orders in the order they were made, or I just feel the only morally responsible thing to do is for you, (Shawnc) to send me yours as soon as it arrives!! :twisted:

shawnc
11-23-2002, 12:00 AM
[quote="Kirkaiya
I hope Amazon is doing these orders in the order they were made, or I just feel the only morally responsible thing to do is for you, (Shawnc) to send me yours as soon as it arrives!! :twisted:[/quote]

Kirk,

Sounds reasonable :grinning devil: PM your address to me.

Kirkaiya
11-23-2002, 02:36 AM
:-|

Now I'm even more annoyed at Amazon - I wrote an email asking if they could check on my estimated delivery time - i mentioned that other people, who ordered AFTER me, had delivery estimates of late november, while mine was still "unavailable"..

So - i get a response from Amazon saying that they updated my delivery date, and it's December 12th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sooo... it looks possible that people who ordered a few days after me will get their V35s about 2 weeks before me. How the hell does THIS happen? (I'm guessing when I complained, they manually shoved me into the qeue, and that put me after their first shipment...).

I wonder if it's worth writing back again to complain? Try to get bumped back up?

Has anybody else here ordered *after* November 3rd, and who has a delivery date before Dec 12th? I'm curious whether I just got booted to the end, or what....

ThomasC22
11-24-2002, 12:23 AM
Kirk, I think you need to calm down.

I very much doubt Amazon is going to fill orders in any other order than "first come, first serve". Further, Amazon has many, MANY times misquoted a ship date.

If people actually start getting devices before you, then you should raise a fuss, otherwise you should probably just take a deep breath and be patient

Kirkaiya
11-24-2002, 06:34 AM
Kirk, I think you need to calm down.

I very much doubt Amazon is going to fill orders in any other order than "first come, first serve". Further, Amazon has many, MANY times misquoted a ship date.

If people actually start getting devices before you, then you should raise a fuss, otherwise you should probably just take a deep breath and be patient

Since I give virtually zero weight or credibility to your opinions, especially regarding my emotional state, and *especially* since your facts are, in this case incorrect, perhaps you should just stick to discussing things where you have an informed opinion.

Amazon, in fact, does NOT ship on a "first come first served" basis overall - your shipping date depends on your geographic proximity to one of their fulfillment centers (and this was confirmed by Amazon in an email Friday, although i knew it already). Some of their warehouses will get units before others.

As for "taking a deep breath", I think my use of emoticons in my messages might impart to those who don't know better an inaccurate picture of my emotional state. I tend to use them liberally.

And, in case you're wondering - it's been a week or so since your "private message" to me, where you were of course attempting to get the last word after a forum was locked (as I assumed you would) - and on reflection - I still think what you did was crappy, and manipulative, and that you owe Jason Dunn an apology. I doubt I'm the only person who felt that way at the time, or feels this way now.

lol.. and I feel sure you'll be unable to resist either replying to this message here, or in PM (which I'll just delete unread, so better all around!!). I give it a day... then your lengthy, preachy reply, complete with attempt to get me "to see your point of view".

Kati Compton
11-24-2002, 07:37 AM
Amazon, in fact, does NOT ship on a "first come first served" basis overall - your shipping date depends on your geographic proximity to one of their fulfillment centers (and this was confirmed by Amazon in an email Friday, although i knew it already). Some of their warehouses will get units before others.

If this is in fact the case, then you wouldn't have a better shipping date if you had pre-ordered later. You'd still be in the same geographic location no matter when you order (unless you move, of course).

Kirkaiya
11-24-2002, 03:19 PM
If this is in fact the case, then you wouldn't have a better shipping date if you had pre-ordered later. You'd still be in the same geographic location no matter when you order (unless you move, of course).

You're right, without moving, there's little I could have done. They probably *do* ship on a first-come first-served basis, for a given fulfillment center (fancy word for warehouse).

But, if someone who lives in New Hamshire orders Nov 1st, and they are in the region serviced by the north-east warehouse, and another person in California orders november 4th, and they are served by the west-coast warehouse - then if the west coast warehouse gets their allotment of units before the Northeast, then then the person in CA can get theirs before the person in NH.

(I made up the locations, and regions - i don't know where all Amazons "fullfillment" centers are).

To clear things (or muddle them) further, I'll just paste from the Amazon rep's email:

We have no control over our pre-order waiting list. Other customer's
who placed their order's after you may be receiving them earlier
based on the proximity of inventory to the delivery address you
provided, as well as how quickly we can obtain and assemble items for
shipment.

While this is probably part of a form-letter email, I think the point was pretty clear. And, interestingly, as of today my shipping date has changed again, to Dec 6th.

Anyway, I'm guessing that the people who ordered after me but whose dates are before mine are in a different region.

P.S. Note the incorrect use of apostropes in the email - so maybe this *was* typed by some rep!!! lol

ThomasC22
11-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Well my bitter friend, consider yourself having gotten the last word on that (and btw, I'm glad to see you're taking the point of being civil, which you defended so adamently, to heart).

What I will post, is this:

Dear Tom,

Thanks for contacting us at Amazon.com.

First, please allow me to apologize for any confusion this might have caused you. Amazon ships items on a first come first serve basis so unless you received an order cancellation notice you should recieve your item before anyone who orderd it after you did.

Again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. We appreciate your
business and hope that we will see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Gaurav Bhasin
http://www.amazon.com
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

We would appreciate your feedback on our customer service. Follow
the link below if you would like to let us know how we are doing -
your input is invaluable! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/cs-experience-survey/-/vbet5278

>Date: Fri Nov 15 15:19:31 PST 2002
>Subject: Returns & Refunds
>To: [email protected]
>From: [email protected]

>---------------
11/23/02 15:19:11
NAME: Tom Chamberlain
COMMENTS: I recently ordered a Viewsonic V35 from you're web site (before it was delisted) and am wondering when it will ship to me? I have heard people who ordered it after I did getting earlier ship dates.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Chamberlain

As for your emotional state, I was joking.

ThomasC22
11-24-2002, 08:42 PM
You're right, without moving, there's little I could have done. They probably *do* ship on a first-come first-served basis, for a given fulfillment center (fancy word for warehouse).

As for your point on your local warehouse, last I checked, Amazon had a central distribution center which was linked to it's web site and would direct quantities from the supplier accordingly. So, if Amazon, for example received 100,000 V35s, they wouldn't split the load evenly between each warehouse they would parce it according to orders.

Here's the thing Kirk, if you have no respect for me, that's fine (honestly, I have very little respect for you either). But how about you try to either respond in a civil manner or not respond at all, eh? Because lets face it:

(A) you're creating the same flame-war enviornment that Jason was trying to avoid in his post and...

(B) I've been doing this longer than you and I'm better at it (Note to Steve: I realize that last comment was a tad inflammatory and if you see fit to delete it I completely understand but I would ask that you just delete the last point here and not the whole post if possible. Thanks!)

(C) **added later** according to your web site you're a AT LEAST 7 years older than me, how about showing some of that maturity.

That being said, if you want to throw something in at the end here (Like "You Suck" or "You're a doo-doo head") just so you can get the last word I totally understand and will be sure not to reply.

...oh, and btw, an ironic little side note, before your post I was pretty much out the door (as far as not visiting this site anymore). Not that I had a problem with Jason mind you, but others in the thread really left a bad taste in my mouth...but y'know what, you've convinced me to stick around...Thanks for that!

Steven Cedrone
11-24-2002, 10:14 PM
Kirkaiya & ThomasC22,

Please take this offline. I don't want to lock this thread, but if you two continue to go at it - I will... :?

Do us all a favor: both of you just walk away...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

Kirkaiya
11-24-2002, 11:53 PM
Greetings from Amazon.com.

I’ve checked your order, and I can confirm that we still expect to
ship it by the date listed in Your Account: December 6, 2002.

We have no control over our pre-order waiting list. Other customer's
who placed their order's after you may be receiving them earlier
based on the proximity of inventory to the delivery address you
provided, as well as how quickly we can obtain and assemble items for
shipment.

We will send you an e-mail at the time of shipment. Please contact
us again if you do not receive a shipment confirmation by December 7,
You can always check the status of your order, including estimated
dates of shipment and delivery, by clicking the Your Account link at
the top of most pages of our store or by following this link:

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com. We hope you enjoy your order.

Best regards,

Derek E.
http://www.amazon.com
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

We would appreciate your feedback on our customer service. Follow
the link below if you would like to let us know how we are doing -
your input is invaluable! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/cs-experience-survey/-/bfat5869

I think that speaks for itself. And i don't recall anybody calling anybody else "doo doo head", or whatever inane drivel you flung at the board. You simply are a compulsive flamer, and I assume that Steve will now, righly, lock this thread (and I hope he does), if for no other reason than to deny you your coveted "last word" *laugh*

Steve - I apologize in advance, I know I'm just making your job harder, but maybe I can make a $20 donation thru the paypal link to make it up? (he's just sooo illlogical and self-pious, sometimes the temptation is just too much).

**updated: Okay, I did make a donation - mostly because I use this site a lot for information, but partly to atone for goading on ThomasC22, which I have a weakness for :oops: Eventually, I'll learn not to poke sticks at rats.

Steven Cedrone
11-25-2002, 12:31 AM
Thread locked... :?

You two need to read your PM now...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

Steven Cedrone
11-25-2002, 12:40 AM
Thread unlocked temporarily for public apologies...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

ThomasC22
11-25-2002, 12:43 AM
Well, since I was logged in, I'll go first.

Yes, ok, no matter what Kirk said I should have just let it go so I apologize to everyone for hijacking this thread as it were (although I would like to make the point that I did walk away after Steve's original post, let it not be said I don't learn my lessons from the past).

In the interest of full disclosure, Steve is sort of making me apologize, that being said I would have, and should have, done it anyway.

This is a board about PocketPCs and PocketPC threads shouldn't be hijacked for this kind of stuff...

Kirkaiya
11-25-2002, 01:07 AM
I would like to personally apologize to everyone on this thread (or those in the community who stumbed into it), for dragging a personal distaste for someone out into a public forum.

I hope my replies to another member here, in the public forum, don't turn anyone off to this great site.

I also would like to apologize to Steve, the moderator - sorry, Steven, and I will really try not to let it happen in the future.

So, to everybody: I'm sorry :oops: (head hung in shame)

Steven Cedrone
11-25-2002, 01:09 AM
Thread locked...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator