View Full Version : Leaving iPaq for Dell?

robclif4d
11-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Is anybody planning on leaving their iPaq for the new Dells? Please convince me that I should stay with the iPaq (I have a 3955 now with plans to sell when my Dell shows up). It's not too late to cancel my Dell order....

Thanks.

dannyoneill
11-22-2002, 06:31 PM
:roll: why would you want to trade an iPAQ 39xx series for a new Dell Axim?

Everyone agrees that even the high end dell is still less than the iPAQ's and that they lead the field.

A recent us magazine done a palmtop super test and the iPAQs topped em. there just the mutts nutts.

don dre
11-22-2002, 06:50 PM
While I admit there would be less of an argument to buy the 3955 over theDell if you were buying your first or upgrading from a 3630 but since you're not...don't switch. the 3955 is a better device albeit without built-in CF. at the very least wait until others get the device to see how good it really is. at this point i think you should cancel your order b/c you will be mad (i would be) if you get the dell adn miss your ipaq.

Fishie
11-23-2002, 12:49 AM
Dont cancel youre order.
Wait for the Dell to arrive and see how you like it, then sell one of those devices.
Ill be happy to help a brother out and buy wichever of the two machines you like least from you for a small contribution :twisted:

paris
11-23-2002, 02:43 PM
i could never ever sell an ipaq to buy a dell, and my main reason is size. And even if you need a CF slot you can get really slim ones for the ipaq which will even then make it slimer than the dell.

DONT leave the 3955 for a dell
now selling it at a decent price and giving a but more to get the H5450
i higlly recommend this if you want wifi, and bluetooth.

again if you want to get something more portable get the new h1910, i only recommend this if you do not inted to use expansion packs.

I have just sold my h3850 and i am getting an H5450. That means i am left with out a PPC for a while :cry:

NetDragon
11-26-2002, 02:16 AM
:idea: Well one nifty thing about the Dell is that it has intigrated CF and replaceable battery. You can also buy a 1400 ma battery for it! Damn that is a phat battery!!!! I am still muggling along on my 3150 because I accedentally put my 3635 into the washing machine. Grrrr!

- Jason

Fishie
11-26-2002, 02:51 AM
:idea: Well one nifty thing about the Dell is that it has intigrated CF and replaceable battery. You can also buy a 1400 ma battery for it! Damn that is a phat battery!!!! I am still muggling along on my 3150 because I accedentally put my 3635 into the washing machine. Grrrr!

- Jason

Actually thats the standard battery, the extended one is 3500 ma.
Sorry to hear about youre Ipaq.