View Full Version : Siemens SX56

open_h2o
11-21-2002, 07:09 PM
I am new Pocket PC/Phone owner. I purchased a Siemens SX 56 and for the most part it is great. However, there is no mute function available while using the phone unless you use the earpiece and hold down the button. :?

Does anyone know how if there is a software download to enable phone muting? Just in case it makes a difference I use AT&T phone service.

Thanks,

Andrew

smittyofdhs
11-22-2002, 04:22 PM
I am new Pocket PC/Phone owner. I purchased a Siemens SX 56 and for the most part it is great. However, there is no mute function available while using the phone unless you use the earpiece and hold down the button. :?

Does anyone know how if there is a software download to enable phone muting? Just in case it makes a difference I use AT&T phone service.

Thanks,

Andrew

There is a hold feature built into the phone. Once you make a call the blank button between TALK and SPEED DIAL in the phone app becomes HOLD. THat should work just fine as a MUTE button.

open_h2o
11-22-2002, 04:54 PM
I am aware that there is a HOLD and a Conference feature on the phone but that is not a MUTE BUTTON!!! :evil:

I use the phone for several conference calls a week and a lot of them occur while I am driving. I have been asked several times to disconnect from these calls since there is no way to block out the background noise via a MUTE button. :cry:

I find it hard to believe that a $500 phone could not have such an important but simple feature!!!

I would PAY to have a patch for this!!! :D

Andrew

smittyofdhs
11-22-2002, 05:06 PM
I am aware that there is a HOLD and a Conference feature on the phone but that is not a MUTE BUTTON!!! :evil:

I use the phone for several conference calls a week and a lot of them occur while I am driving. I have been asked several times to disconnect from these calls since there is no way to block out the background noise via a MUTE button. :cry:

I find it hard to believe that a $500 phone could not have such an important but simple feature!!!

I would PAY to have a patch for this!!! :D

Andrew

I just answered your question, or tried..... DON"T YELL!!! we didn't create the phone we just try to answer questions here..... If you had given us better details to begin with we would have understood your needs better and would have told you want you needed. There is no mute button.

open_h2o
11-22-2002, 05:18 PM
I apologize if you thought I was yelling at you. I wasn't... I was jus voicing my frustration for such an important feature not being on a "business" phone.

Do you have any idea of what the likelihood that a mute button download would be developed?

The other option that is missing on the phone is Voice Dialing. Do you have any ideas regarding that functionality?

Thanks, :)

Andrew

smittyofdhs
11-22-2002, 05:27 PM
I apologize if you thought I was yelling at you. I wasn't... I was jus voicing my frustration for such an important feature not being on a "business" phone.

Do you have any idea of what the likelihood that a mute button download would be developed?

The other option that is missing on the phone is Voice Dialing. Do you have any ideas regarding that functionality?

Thanks, :)

Andrew

As for voice dialing that was suppose to be in it but obviously wasn't. There are many apps you can buy that give you this functionality and they can be found at pocketgear.com or handango.com

As for the mute button, I don't see how it could be done now. An aftermarket app would have to use a hardware button assignment. For now the only option is the earbud mute function. :(

shockdaddyd
11-25-2002, 12:47 AM
...but driving while talking on the phone is foolish.

Fishie
11-25-2002, 01:01 AM
Over here in Belgium using a mobilephone while driving became a fineable offense.
Only allowed with a totally handsfree set.

shockdaddyd
11-25-2002, 01:06 AM
...that were a law in every state here. The fools talking / dialing on the road here are more dangerous than drunks.

mccollin
11-27-2002, 03:53 AM
Here is information on How do I do voice dialing? (http://pdaphonehome.com/phpBB2/pocketpcphonefaq.php#105) and How do I mute the phone? (http://pdaphonehome.com/phpBB2/pocketpcphonefaq.php#106) available in the PocketPC Phone FAQ. Please comment in the link if the answer doesn't help you. Thanks.