View Full Version : One-touch record w/o holding button

fivegentex
11-21-2002, 04:22 AM
:D I have the iPaq 3870 with no upgrades. The only thing that I've done is added MS Reader and run the Softpaq from Compaq that eliminates the scratching sound after a sound file plays. Prior to installing the softpaq sound patch, I was able to hit the record button once, let go and it would record until I stopped it on screen...at least I think that's how it happened. Now I must hold the button down while recording or use the onscreen controls. Does anyone know how to one-touch record...just hit the button and let it go?

Thanks in advance!

Pony99CA
11-21-2002, 02:42 PM
:D I have the iPaq 3870 with no upgrades. The only thing that I've done is added MS Reader and run the Softpaq from Compaq that eliminates the scratching sound after a sound file plays. Prior to installing the softpaq sound patch, I was able to hit the record button once, let go and it would record until I stopped it on screen...at least I think that's how it happened. Now I must hold the button down while recording or use the onscreen controls. Does anyone know how to one-touch record...just hit the button and let it go?

As far as I know, that's how it's supposed to work. I've had a Sharp Mobilon Handheld PC, an iPAQ 3650 and an iPAQ 3870, and they all have worked like that. You press to start recording and release to stop recording.

Press once to start and again to stop would be a cool option to have, though. It would make recording long pieces much easier.

Steve