View Full Version : T-Mobil pocket pc people <---

orngcobra
11-20-2002, 04:53 AM
I just got a defective one today from amazon. They're sending a new one out...anyway..

I was wondering how long you had this pc phone and hows it holding up?

From my experience, cell phones are only made for a year. The previous cell phones I had was a samsung and recently a nokia 3390. They barely made it to a year. I'm just wondering what to expect since this thing cost a lot more then those phones.

thanks

one other thing...is it possible to connect to the internet with an ethernet card. I can't find an ethernet card for it so I'm assuming its not possible.

mdavidm
11-20-2002, 09:53 PM
I received my T-Mobile PPC two weeks ago. My previous phone was a Nokia 8290 that lasted two years.

There is not an ethernet card available, but you can connect to the internet through your PC while docked.

Carlos
11-23-2002, 01:19 AM
I've put a few years of use on various Oki and Nokia mobile phones. Then I got a T68 and had four failures in two months.

I think part of the reasons many phones die early is that we tend to carry them all the time and heap abuse on them. You will probably be gentler to your PPC, and if so, it should last. And the first thing I tell everyone is order the E&B case immediately if not sooner.

No on the ethernet; you can't put any kind of I/O device in the SD slot in this. Only memory.