View Full Version : Drill and cut up your T-Mobile docking cradle!

cease
11-19-2002, 09:55 PM
Anyone out there frustrated with the fact that you can't use the T.M. microphone or headset when the unit is docked?

It seems to me that with a drill and carving tool and a little effort one could modify the cradle to make a hole so the microphone would be accessible adn the device could be used as a phone and recording device while in the cradle.

With a little more cutting one could make room in the cradle so the headset plug could be used while docked to enable one to listen to music, listen to callers, while using the headset.

Anyone want to give it a try? I might since it does frustrate me to not be able to use the device to the fullest while docked.

11/19/02 4:19PM CST update
I tried using the mic (to record a message) while docked in the cradle. It does work, although the recorded sound is a bit muffled. I guess a small hole would only help. The first time I tried this it didn't work at all. I guess I didn't have my mic tuned properly. I'd still like to be able to use the headset while docked though.

smittyofdhs
11-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Anyone out there frustrated with the fact that you can't use the T.M. microphone or headset when the unit is docked?

It seems to me that with a drill and carving tool and a little effort one could modify the cradle to make a hole so the microphone would be accessible adn the device could be used as a phone and recording device while in the cradle.

With a little more cutting one could make room in the cradle so the headset plug could be used while docked to enable one to listen to music, listen to callers, while using the headset.

Anyone want to give it a try? I might since it does frustrate me to not be able to use the device to the fullest while docked.

Why doesn't the microphone work when cradled? I have the Siemens SX56 which is the exact same thing as the t-mobile and I use the speakerphone (which uses the microphone) all day long with no problems and no mods to my cradle..... :?:

cease
11-19-2002, 11:03 PM
Why doesn't the microphone work when cradled? I have the Siemens SX56 which is the exact same thing as the t-mobile and I use the speakerphone (which uses the microphone) all day long with no problems and no mods to my cradle..... :?:
I'm not sure about the SX but the T-Mobile has the microhone at the bottom which is covered up by the cradle. Where is the SX mic? And you can't use the Headset, right?

Update:
You're right it does work. I tried it docked, on a recording, sound was a bit muffled. I guess the first time I tried it I didn't have my mic tuned properly. I'd still like to be able to use the headset.

smittyofdhs
11-19-2002, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure about the SX but the T-Mobile has the microhone at the bottom which is covered up by the cradle. Where is the SX mic? And you can't use the Headset, right?

Update:
You're right it does work. I tried it docked, on a recording, sound was a bit muffled. I guess the first time I tried it I didn't have my mic tuned properly. I'd still like to be able to use the headset.

The SX, O2, and t-MOBILE are the EXACT same devices bulit by HTC so usually any reference to one these works for all.

And yes, the headset is not an option unless you use a sync cable instead of the cradle.

cease
11-19-2002, 11:48 PM
And yes, the headset is not an option unless you use a sync cable instead of the cradle.
Or as I stated and which was the purpose of my post...cut the cradle so one can use the headset.

Carlos
11-23-2002, 12:38 AM
I've done it, and have photos and text with basic instructions. Go to http://www.mywirelessoffice.com with your handheld or if using a desktop enter the direct URL: http://www.mywirelessoffice.com/mobile and go to the "How do I" section.