View Full Version : MmMapIoSpace

cwpun
11-19-2002, 07:12 AM
I try to use MmMapIoSpace to map the hardware registers to my driver's virtual address space and get the values of these hardware registers. I am using platform builder 3.0 and the BSP for Intel SA11X0bd. It works successfully for any Pocket PC with SA1110 processor. However, it does not work on any Pocket PC with XScale Processor. I know the physical memory map of XScale is different from SA1100. I have already addressed this issue in my source code. Do any body have any idea? Is it that function MmMapIoSpace does not work on any XScale machine? Or how can I access the hardware registers of XScale machine except using function MmMapIoSpace? Please note that I only have BSP for Intel SA11X0bd. BSP for Intel DBPXA250 seems needed to be bought from Intel. It cannot be downloaded form the website fo Intel.

cnote
12-09-2002, 11:01 AM
MmMapIoSpace just does a VirtAlloc/VirtCopy to get the mapping of the physical address you give to a virtual address in your process, it works the same on xscale as SA11xx. Are you sure you have the correct physical memory layout?