View Full Version : T-Mobile PDA in the Enterprise - How to Sync cost effectively...

possmann
11-18-2002, 05:05 PM
Evaluating the T-Mobile PPC and some questions came up regarding syncing back to Outlook (Exchange) via the GPRS connection… Has anyone done this yet – if so can you give me some pointers – what to watch out for? I am a bit concerned about the time it takes for a complete sync and the amount of data that needs to be pushed through – We are using Exchange 2000 (just upgraded to it this weekend).
Additionally, was looking for Microsoft’s Mobile Manager – they used to have this feature as a separate app that you could download for free and as long as your outlook was running (you were logged into your desktop and connected to exchange) you could set what you wanted pushed to your phone (or mobile device). It acted as a forwarding device and used “intellishrink” technology to compress the data and presentation so you could actually use your phone to read an email message. I’ve been looking for that as another cost effective way to get around having to purchase and support a Mobile Information Server in order to support using the T-Mobile device as a connected “Outlook in your hands” device.
Your thoughts are appreciated!