View Full Version : GPS Unit and Bluetooth system

cessquill
11-18-2002, 10:45 AM
Has anybody looked into the possibility of getting an GPS Unit's Voice Instructions piped through a bluetooth headset?

In the UK I'm going through the Navman/Tomtom decision and wondering whether it would be possible to send the sound to a phone's handsfree kit, as I don't really want to put it through the radio via one of the CD-cassette convertors.

Also, which should I go for, Navman or TomTom...?! :D

Adam
11-18-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm seriously considering Memory Map... :D

Check out this website, they'll help you decide and may be able to sort out your technical question:

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/index.asp

cessquill
11-18-2002, 12:02 PM
Thanks for that - I'll take a read later (very interested in the 3D in-car Panasonic system available in Japan)... :lol:

Mainly interested in whether anybody has been able to pair a 3870 with a bluetooth device for the sound (so you could have a wireless MP-3 player - or have your GPS system talk you through a journey without having to have a pair of headphones/radio interface...

I'll plough through that site, thanks

Adam
11-18-2002, 05:11 PM
Won'y be getting access to a Bluetooth headset 'til late December, so I can't help 'til January. If you can wait 'til then... :D

hollis_f
11-20-2002, 05:48 PM
The 3870 don't support the headset protocol. So the answer is - No, it won't work.

cessquill
11-20-2002, 07:33 PM
Fair play. Is this a restriction of the Bluetooth Manager software?