View Full Version : PPC Hardware in use!! Stand and be Counted!

Wiggin
11-18-2002, 07:17 AM
With new PPC devices hitting the market Monday November 18th, a new generation of lower-priced, feature-rich devices have arrived. Together with the new "high end" units soon to arrive, the PPC user has more options to consider, more comparisons to make, and more places to spend their money...not to mention new reasons to consider handing down their current device to favored family & friends in order to justify an upgrade!! :D :x-mas: .

As many of you watched, and contributed to, the various forums about this new model or that new feature, the variety of opinions often bordered on the obsessive.
Many of us love one brand (Dell rules, iPaq till I drop, Viewsonic at last!!!)
Many of us love key features (Bluetooth, Phone Ed., CF+SD, exchangeable batts...)
Many of us love to save $$$!

But what has been missing throughout all the chatter, banter, rants, and raves, is a clear picture of just where you, the PPCT faithful, have placed your bets SO FAR! What are the PPCs we use, love, hate, and swear by day in and day out? I, for one, would love to see how the stats distribute over the playing field.

So, it's time to stand and be counted. You get one vote!!! So....
Show us all what you CURRENTLY consider your primary PPC device
> For those who use multiples, pick the one you like best
> For those of you who do not have a PPC, but will soon (starting on the 18th :lol:), we all wish you great joy as you experience the wonders of PPC. :way to go:
> For those of you who use a Palm device (of ANY kind), please cast a vote. We want to hear from you!

Despite a long list, it is NOT COMPLETE (I know that, so don’t bother complaining that I left a particular model off the list!). If your brand/model is not shown, please vote for "OTHER" and let us know in a reply.

SO.... let the chips fall where they may. This is not about what is great and cool and just around the corner!!!
This is about where we've put our money to-date. The rubber has ALREADY hit the road for many of us…let’s see what we choose!

Any guesses on results???

Pony99CA
11-18-2002, 09:03 AM
I have no idea why you lumped the iPAQ 37xx and 38xx together. The 3700 series is more akin to the 3600 series than the 3800 series. I think you should probably separate them.

As for what I have, I have an iPAQ 3870. To see what else I have, see my Pocket PC Web page (http://www.garlic.com/~svvg/svvgppc.html).

Steve

Wiggin
11-18-2002, 08:14 PM
I have no idea why you lumped the iPAQ 37xx and 38xx together. The 3700 series is more akin to the 3600 series than the 3800 series.
Steve, with so many models to poll for, I had to draw some lines, else the list would have been 2 screens long :wink:
But to address your question, I singled out the 39 series because it is HP/Com's highest end model (before the 54xx) and I am curious how many popped the $$ for it. No need to change the poll... it's not science...just info.
Thx for the thought. :beer: