View Full Version : Forgot my password! DUH

gerisimmons
11-16-2002, 08:22 PM
I haven't used my Maestro in a few months, and what I thought was my password doesn't work...any ideas and how to get in? I can't remember how to do a hard reset either... Help! :oops:

Dave Beauvais
11-16-2002, 08:35 PM
I am not aware of any way to recover from a forgotten password other than a hard reset. On all the Pocket PCs I've used, you can trigger a hard reset by holding either the action or power button while pressing the reset button. This typically gives an on-screen message that essentially says "Hey, this is going to restore your Pocket PC to factory defaults. Are you really sure you want to do this?" Pressing the action button will then cause it to reset. Give that a shot.

--Dave

Steven Cedrone
11-16-2002, 08:41 PM
I think on the Maestro you have to do this: switch the battery back to the off position on the bottom of the unit...

Not 100% sure though...

Steve

gerisimmons
11-17-2002, 06:02 AM
I reset the battery and it cleaned the house! I appreciate the help guys! (And since I had a back-up on my storage card, I was able to restore everything!) :D

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 06:07 AM
I hope the backup was made before you added the password... :wink:

Steve

gerisimmons
11-17-2002, 06:30 AM
It must have been made before, or didn't come across on the restore, everything is working great! Thanks again!

Geri :beer: