View Full Version : Jornada 525's Fate

Rirath
11-15-2002, 05:16 PM
Well, I hate to admit it but my only Pocket PC is a Jornada 525. I'll be hopping around like a kid to hold that Axim X5. The question becomes though, what happens to the 525? The speed is only 100mhz and the screen is 8bit, all very good reasons to call for it's destruction... but I do own a stowaway for it so that makes it tougher. (My 128 meg CF can easily be used in the Axim) Giving it away seems like the best solution, but it's so hard to part with!

Tell me what you'd do so I can tell you how wrong you are. :lol:
(Just kidding, Jason. :wink: )

ECOslin
11-15-2002, 05:31 PM
I felt bad about selling my Casio E-105 to some unsuspecting person on Ebay, I had detailed exactly what it was and worried that whoever bought it was going to go for the good deal and not even do their research.

Some couple bought it to run Bible software on, I gave them some e-mail help to choose what they needed for software. I threw in all the extras such as case, screen protectors and burned a cd with 300 megs of Mips type software that would run on it(mostly freeware).

I figure they are still happy since I've not heard anything for a while.

It was a solid down-payment toward my Maestro.

Edward

enemy2k2
11-15-2002, 05:33 PM
Give it to your sis, at least it'll still be in the family, you can also use the keyboard with it anytime that way;)

Rirath
11-15-2002, 05:39 PM
Enemy2k2, should mention I don't live with her. But yeah, I can always pop by and steal it. :wink: Eh, she's in highschool right now and I really think it'd do her a lot of good. Plus I'm really too cheap to buy something better. She's always wanted an MP3 player anyhow... though the onboard 8 or so megs ram isn't gonna hold much and transfers with a serial cradle is torture. :roll:

Certified Optimist
11-19-2002, 04:18 AM
Keep it.

It's like taking your umbrella with you on a day when it may rain... If you bring it it won't rain. So... if you sell it you can be sure that somehow something bad will happen to your new device...

Hadn't but gotten my Pocket PC, before the screen of my Psion 5MX cracked... so it's good to have a PDA stunt double. :D

Rirath
11-19-2002, 06:46 AM
Well the Dell's come with that year long thing... but I believe I shall indeed keep it for a bit. I don't have $99 for a new keyboard, so I'll carry the J525 around just for the keyboard in the few places I know I'll want one. Other than that... I just don't think I can part with it. :oops:

Kati Compton
11-19-2002, 07:16 AM
Well the Dell's come with that year long thing... but I believe I shall indeed keep it for a bit. I don't have $99 for a new keyboard, so I'll carry the J525 around just for the keyboard in the few places I know I'll want one. Other than that... I just don't think I can part with it. :oops:

Wait to see what happens when you get your nice shiny new machine. :)