View Full Version : Spb Quick released

Ed Hansberry
11-14-2002, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.softspb.com/products/quick/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.softspb.com/products/quick/index.html</a><br /><br /></div>Spb Software has released Spb Quick, the Pocket PC companion for Quicken. I jumped the gun a bit on my <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38697">post a few days ago</a>. :oops: You can download a trial version or purchase for $29.99.

Jerome Carney
11-14-2002, 04:29 PM
I installed Spb Quick last night and had the same experience mentioned by posters on the previous thread... Spb Quick has a good look and feel, but my balances are off, way off. Apparently I owe American Express $245,376.84. Must have forgotten about the condo I charged last month.

Since the softwares hails from Germany, I tried monkeying around with regional settings, using a comma for a decimal and a period for a thousands separator, but to no avail (it's amazing, though, how many programs still get thrown off by regional variations in number formating).

For now I can't really see myself entrusting something so important as my finances to a software that can't even get balances straight. But I'm hoping Spb gets things squared away real soon, or LandWare finally rolls out their PocketQuicken product. The installed Quicken base is huge, and whoever publishes a workable solution is going to have a killer app on their hands.

jngold_me
11-14-2002, 05:04 PM
Same problem here. Although my Credit Card balances sync'ed ok my Checking is way outta wack.

uclabruin
11-14-2002, 09:50 PM
I've been using mine since it came out and have had no problems. It's working great :D The included sync program definitely works better than active sync option.

jemarvin
11-15-2002, 06:14 PM
:( My balances are way off as well. I didn't go look through all my transactions to see what else was not right. I miss seeing an account balance for every transaction, as I like to see how checks I write today effect future balances. I can see myself shelling out the money for the app when the balances are right, I'd also want free updates (I didn't see mention of this on the website), and I would definetely NEED the account balance for every transaction in the register. Until this happens, I'll wait for an alternative.

uclabruin
11-16-2002, 03:01 AM
SPB response to this issue was AWESOME. Vassili e-mailed me with the link to the new version with a fix for this problem, and it works great. Fixed a bug within one day.etty good in my book. I am definitely willing to shell out cash for this functionality and such great customer service.

Great Job SPB!!! Thanks for producing a much-awaited program for the ppc.

Wiggin
11-16-2002, 03:45 AM
Short/fast update on Spb Quick.
Version 1.0 that was released on Tuesday was a tad bit off the mark for pulling all transactions across to the PPC. Version 1.1 was sent to me by Vassili (Head Developer), and it is better :) , but still has some kinks in it :cry:.
I am in the process of giving it a complete top-to-bottom test run, and will be sending all of the findings to Vassili. I'm sure others will be doing the same.

So, having said all that, I want to congratulate Vassili and his team. The software is going to be great when it's ready for prime time. I suggest all of you PPC users that are Quicken jockies download the app, and give it a test spin. Due to the problems that still lurk in the app, I would suggest you use it ONLY on a test data file (use the File / File Operations / Copy function in Quicken).

The long awaited day of having Quicken in your pocket is just a few days away!! :multi:

dbrhodes
11-18-2002, 03:57 AM
I also reported my problem to the developer regarding balances being way off and they provided a fixed copy within 24 hours!!! Now that the balance bug has been corrected, I have no complaints about this new application and can only rave about features that I like. This is an absolutely wonderful PPC companion app for Quicken and I highly recommend any desktop user of Quicken who's been waiting on a PPC companion to download and give this app a try. I also think this will raise the bar for whatever Landware was planning on offering as I cannot see me switching to anything better. I have nothing but praise for this app and the developers at Spb Software house!!! :D :D :D

Donald

PGNews
12-05-2002, 06:29 PM
FYI:

Version 1.0.5: Fixed amounts rounding; Fixes and improvements to synchronization.
Version 1.0.4: Fixed Y2K problem with certain versions of Quicken; other minor fixes.
Version 1.0.3: More improvements to synchronization; fixed issue with transcriber; regional settings support (dates and currencies; other minor bug fixes.
Version 1.0.2: Improved desktop synchronization.

Version 1.0.1: Fixed issue with incorrect accounts balance.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=6208