View Full Version : Using the SD card to store contacts & mail?

mzeitler
11-13-2002, 05:04 AM
sorry for asking the second trivial question in two days. I just got the MDA (replaced my Palm) and quite new to the PocketPC platform.

Is there a possibility to store the contacts and emails on the SD card instead of the main memory?

Are there any possibilities to store applications on the SD card and run them from there?

techie
11-13-2002, 09:51 AM
sorry for asking the second trivial question in two days. I just got the MDA (replaced my Palm) and quite new to the PocketPC platform.

Is there a possibility to store the contacts and emails on the SD card instead of the main memory?

Are there any possibilities to store applications on the SD card and run them from there?

Q1: not that I know of.
Q2: yes. You can usually just deselect "install in default folder" when you run the installer on the PC. It then prompts for a folder which can be on a storage card.

Cheers.
Techie.

jsanfordii
11-13-2002, 03:39 PM
I just got a new SD card, and have been setting it up to do the same things.

For Inbox: Just go into the application, click on the tools menu and hit options. Click on the storage tab and check the store attachments on storage card checkbox.

For Word: Go into word, click on options and change the Save to to Storage card 1

For Notes: Same thing as word.

I've also copied all of the today themes to the card and removed them from the device using the File Explorer in the Programs folder.

Let me know if you know of any others!!!

James

Sven Johannsen
11-13-2002, 04:16 PM
Keep in mind that items on the storage card are not backed up/synced without some third party software. PIM information ("pocket outlook")cannot be set to reside on the storage card. For mail, note that it is just attachments that are relocated.