View Full Version : How many times have you returned your e550G?

Stake
11-08-2002, 05:38 PM
I'm curious, how many times until you got feedup?

KPMaker
11-16-2002, 10:45 AM
Although with the e550g I only returned it once and have not used it, looking to possibly sell it. But I’ve returned the e310 5 times, now it was a good device but after about 3 months of daily use it finally would give in. I don’t know maybe I was just using it too much, or allot more than the average person.

How many times until you get fed up?
I would have to say stop buying that particular model or brand until they address the issue. Sometimes it takes a while, longer than we want. If I’m not mistaken the 1st iPAQ’s had numerous problems, the light going out and a serious dust issue as well. I hear now that they have fixed both those problems and they rarely happen :D But it takes some time :cry:

For me I define the issues in 2 Catg.’s: 1) Minor issues, annoying but I can live with them, and try some creativity to get around them if possible. 2) Major issues, something that I just will not tolerate for a high price device and will make sure I find it or read about It prior to spot it earlier, and bring it back in time. I mean for $550-$650 you would expect it to be more solid and free from major issues, but sadly it isn’t. But being the consumer we can stop buying it until they fix it, post about it, nag them and hope they come around if they want to actually sell the device and make a decent profit.

I called tech support for the e550g, and the tech told me he hasn’t really heard any others complain about the dust issue, or at most maybe 1. But at least I made the call, but if they don’t get a whole bunch of calls they really will not fix it unless they know it’s a wide scale problem.

Whew, anyways what about the new lower-end devices on the horizon: Viewsonic, Dell, and the iPAQ 1910, they are looking pretty good minus some of the lack with the 1910 compared to the other 2 :evil: .