View Full Version : What does your today screen look like?

Steven Cedrone
11-08-2002, 05:18 PM
Since Friday's are slow...

What does your today screen look like? Here's mine:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cedrones/today.jpg

This is a Pocket PC 2000 device (Jornada 548 - Still going strong!)
PocketFacelift
Animated GIF (Yes, my spinning see-if-you-are-prone-to-siezures beanie)

Steve

Mike Temporale
11-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Hey Steven, How did you get the picture of your kids (I'm guessing) on the today screen??

My Today screen is pretty plain. I got a couple theme's I rotate through, but that's it.

Steven Cedrone
11-08-2002, 06:25 PM
Hey Steven, How did you get the picture of your kids (I'm guessing) on the today screen??

My Today screen is pretty plain. I got a couple theme's I rotate through, but that's it.

Its called Owner Info X and can be found Here (http://www.mypdacafe.com/software/download.asp?id=6)

And yes, those are my kids...

Steve

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 05:44 AM
Any takers...

It is slow this weekend... :wink:

Steve

Kati Compton
11-17-2002, 05:48 AM

And yes, those are my kids...

Oh good - I was going to get worried that this was like that Robin Williams scary movie I didn't see..... ;)

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 06:05 AM
Oh good - I was going to get worried that this was like that Robin Williams scary movie I didn't see..... ;)

Sorry, but in my book, Robin Williams and scary just don't go together...Although, it scared me that anyone would make "Bicentennial Man"... :wink:

IMHO, of course...

Steve

Janak Parekh
11-17-2002, 06:15 AM
So I used to use Dashboard heavily... but after you get Pocket Informant and its agenda view, it's hard to compare any useful today screen, that view is so amazingly useful. Anyone know if the PI folks will ever Today-ize the PI agenda view?

--bdj

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 06:30 AM
So I used to use Dashboard heavily... but after you get Pocket Informant and its agenda view, it's hard to compare any useful today screen, that view is so amazingly useful. Anyone know if the PI folks will ever Today-ize the PI agenda view?

--bdj

So you use the PI Agenda View instead of your Today screen? What do you do for "nifty" themes? :wink: PI isn't skinnable is it?

Steve

Janak Parekh
11-17-2002, 07:06 AM
So you use the PI Agenda View instead of your Today screen? What do you do for "nifty" themes? :wink: PI isn't skinnable is it?
Nope. I ended up eschewing the themes. I guess I could skin my Today screen for the heck of it, although the only I time I really see it nowadays is when I soft-reset or shut down all the programs via GigaTask. Call me a minimalist :D

I do like your little setup... speaking of which, why'd you decide on your logo?

--bdj

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 07:26 AM
I do like your little setup... speaking of which, why'd you decide on your logo?

--bdj

Hey, do you have a problem with my Pocket PC Thoughts Theme?

I create new themes all the time. It just happened to be the one I took a snapshot of (The email and URL I did change for the post)...

The next theme I'm working on is a "King Crimson" tribute!

Steve

Dave Beauvais
11-17-2002, 07:26 AM
Any takers...
Since you asked nicely, here's what mine currently looks like. :wink: Simple and uncluttered, with only Scott Seligman's Launcher 1.30 (http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff.html) Today plug-in.

http://www.beauvais1.com/ppc/images/today_blue_swirl.gif

--Dave

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 07:32 AM
Is that calendar reminder the result of a PTVL setting? Or do you use something different for TV reminders?

Steve

Kati Compton
11-17-2002, 07:41 AM

Sounds intense - all that red! Speaking of prog rock, my husband and I just got tickets for a Yes concert this coming Thursday...

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 07:54 AM

Sounds intense - all that red! Speaking of prog rock, my husband and I just got tickets for a Yes concert this coming Thursday...

I have been to every YES concert in the area since about 1982 (Actually, I can remember the first time I saw YES, they opened for Peter Frampton in Philly - but that was long before I started to worship...) Man I feel old...

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 07:59 AM
BTW, the worst YES concerts: When Jon Anderson was out, and that Jacka$$ from the Buggles was in...Yuck!!!

Kati Compton
11-17-2002, 08:10 AM
BTW, the worst YES concerts: When Jon Anderson was out, and that Jacka$$ from the Buggles was in...Yuck!!!

Trevor Horn? He sucked for singing the regular Yes songs... I have a bootleg from one of the concerts where he asks for requests and an audience member shouts "Anything but Roundabout!". I really do like the odd # tracks plus the last one off of Drama, though. But as a different feel from the "regular" Yes music. Machine Messiah in particular sounds to me like it should be the music theme for the movie Dune. :)

I've been to the Open Your Eyes tour, the anniversary tour, the Ladder tour, a special Taste Of Chicago performance with Kansas (nice!), and now the latest ones. I haven't really listened to the albums after Open Your Eyes, though. I'm excited about this concert because Rik Wakeman is going to be there - I missed last year when he was with the tour.

Yes is the only group I've been to multiple concerts for. :)

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 08:23 AM

Trevor Horn? He sucked for singing the regular Yes songs... I have a bootleg from one of the concerts where he asks for requests and an audience member shouts "Anything but Roundabout!". I really do like the odd # tracks plus the last one off of Drama, though. But as a different feel from the "regular" Yes music. Machine Messiah in particular sounds to me like it should be the music theme for the movie Dune. :)

I've been to the Open Your Eyes tour, the anniversary tour, the Ladder tour, a special Taste Of Chicago performance with Kansas (nice!), and now the latest ones. I haven't really listened to the albums after Open Your Eyes, though. I'm excited about this concert because Rik Wakeman is going to be there - I missed last year when he was with the tour.

Yes is the only group I've been to multiple concerts for. :)

Trever Horn, you got it...

Enjoy the show, I'm Jealous...

My favorite tour: Believe it or not - Tormato. They screwed up so many times, it was not only great, it was funny - They all have a great sense of humor...

The best thing about it: YES is usually perfect in concert, what you hear on the LP you hear live, it was great to see them being fallible (it made the people that thought they "fudged" their concerts, think)...

Damn, I want to go!!!

dcharles18
11-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Decius, where did you get that theme you are using?

I'm a PI user as well. Until they put out a Today plug-in I've been using 'tAgenda' You should check it out, it is great.

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Here are two simple YES themes:

YES theme 1 (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cedrones/yestheme.tsk)

YES theme 2 (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cedrones/yestheme2.tsk)

Steve

Kati Compton
11-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Trever Horn, you got it...

Enjoy the show, I'm Jealous...

My favorite tour: Believe it or not - Tormato. They screwed up so many times, it was not only great, it was funny - They all have a great sense of humor...

The best thing about it: YES is usually perfect in concert, what you hear on the LP you hear live, it was great to see them being fallible (it made the people that thought they "fudged" their concerts, think)...

Damn, I want to go!!!

Their performance of Heart of the Sunrise at the first concert was the best I've ever heard, better than on the recording. (Mine are on CD, not LP... ;) ) But yes, that sounds like fun. The only "joke" I've heard from one of them was that one night they were hanging out with Paul Simon and that he rolled really good joints. That was right before they went into a performance of "America"

Kati Compton
11-17-2002, 06:28 PM

Steve

:) Very cool - thanks.

Do you know of a good place to get free file space that lets you link in images like this? When I've looked at my Yahoo! account, it seems to only let people see files in "My Briefcase", not as external links to a particular image.

You know, so I can post what my Today screen looks like as soon as I get one. ;)

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 08:53 PM

Steve

:) Very cool - thanks.

Do you know of a good place to get free file space that lets you link in images like this? When I've looked at my Yahoo! account, it seems to only let people see files in "My Briefcase", not as external links to a particular image.

You know, so I can post what my Today screen looks like as soon as I get one. ;)

Your ISP should give you some space. I think I get 20Mb with mine(Comcast), and I had 5Mb with Compuserve...

Steve

Janak Parekh
11-17-2002, 09:18 PM
No, not at all... how did the above insinuate I did? I was just curious why you picked a propeller-beanie-thingy as your "icon" (addendum: I really should have been calling it avatar all along). In fact, as I mentioned I think your theme is very nice. (For what it's worth, a PC was one of the first machines I did serious work on, ergo the original 5150 to my post's left... hey, this could be a completely separate thread topic :D)

Sounds very cool. I'm sure there's some nifty imagery there... :)

--bdj

Kati Compton
11-17-2002, 09:37 PM
Your ISP should give you some space. I think I get 20Mb with mine(Comcast), and I had 5Mb with Compuserve...

True. I was looking for somewhere less close to home, but I suppose it's not that big of a deal.

Dave Beauvais
11-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Decius, where did you get that theme you are using? ...
I made it. It's called "Blue Swirl" and is available at my Pocket PC Themes profile page (http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/profile.asp?ID=1532). Glad you like it!

--Dave

dcharles18
11-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Decius, where did you get that theme you are using? ...
I made it. It's called "Blue Swirl" and is available at my Pocket PC Themes profile page (http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/profile.asp?ID=1532). Glad you like it!

--Dave

I just downloaded both of yours. Nice work.

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 10:41 PM
No, not at all... how did the above insinuate I did? I was just curious why you picked a propeller-beanie-thingy as your "icon" (addendum: I really should have been calling it avatar all along). In fact, as I mentioned I think your theme is very nice. (For what it's worth, a PC was one of the first machines I did serious work on, ergo the original 5150 to my post's left... hey, this could be a completely separate thread topic :D)

Sounds very cool. I'm sure there's some nifty imagery there... :)

--bdj

Sorry, I misunderstood...

I picked my avatar a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away (I've used it for as long as I can remember - and I am a propeller head geek!)...

See, Even when I am joking, I may come across looking like an a$$(I guess I need to use more emoticons, sorry)...

I was only bustin' on ya'...Apologies...

Steve

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2002, 10:50 PM
how did the above insinuate I did? I was just curious why you picked a propeller-beanie-thingy as your "icon"

I did look at my post again, I really should have added a :wink: at the end of my original statement...

My fault, I owe you a beer... :beer:

Steve

Janak Parekh
11-17-2002, 10:57 PM
I did look at my post again, I really should have added a :wink: at the end of my original statement...
'sokay... I figured something was missing. :)

--bdj