View Full Version : T-Mobile and Microsoft Exchange

kneofyte
11-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Is there any further update on configuring the T-Mobile PPC phone with a Microsoft Exchange server. I've heard about setting up a vpn between the phone and the server. Could someone give the details about how do I start going about doing it.

Well my case is that I have a exchange server in New York and I stay in Lexington, KY. I have a pop account in Lexington. I want all these accounts synchronized and my outlook context upto date. Is it possible to do all these in the current configuration of T-Mobile or am I looking at 3rd party software.

Thanks

Ed Hansberry
11-07-2002, 06:02 PM
As long as you can authenticate to the Exchange server, no problems. I do it daily via T-Mobile GPRS and a VPN connection. You will have to have your T-Mobile account set up to allow VPN - they don't by default. No charge, just phone call to their customer service department.

I sync via IMAP4 but you can also do POP3. It depends on what your Exchange admin has configured.

kneofyte
11-08-2002, 12:12 AM
Thanks Ed Hansberry. I shall call up customer support and get it set up. Yes ofcourse, that is, after I purchase my T-Mobile :wink: