View Full Version : Windows Media 9 Encoder makes Pocket PC movies without sound

Hank Scorpio
11-06-2002, 03:02 AM
I just grabbed the new media 9 encoder, and made a small movie using the Pocket Pc setting that is in the encoder. I put it on my Pocket PC and I couldn't hear any audio. so I made another, same thing, thinking I did something wrong. Turns out that in the settings for the Pocket Pc it uses the media 9 codec for audio, and you can't change it to media 8 or 7, you can however change the video to media 9, 8, or 7 codecs. I had these codecs on my computer before installing, I used them all the time using encoder 7.1. now I gotta wait for the Pocket Pc version of media 9 player too hear sound or uninstall 9 and reinstall 7.1.

Jason Dunn
11-06-2002, 06:14 AM
I'm in the same boat. I know there's a way to do it with audio, but I can't figure it out - pt tells me he'll show me how when he gets back from Japan. :-)

Hank Scorpio
11-06-2002, 07:05 AM
Whens the new Pocket PC media 9 player gonna show up?

ECOslin
11-06-2002, 11:41 AM
Just encoded Birds of Prey at the higher of the two PDA modes, and it worked. With sound.

I'm still using the 7.1 version of the encoder and not the 9 beta.

I'm still using the original Windows Movie Maker, I tried the beta for the new one and had to revert back to the old one with it's not quite up-to-date encoding algorythm.

The new one just wasn't finished. If a beta is finished, where I need it to be, I'll stick with it.

Edward