View Full Version : Inbox not syncing

Sheynk
11-05-2002, 04:45 AM
Hey, for some odd reason my mail will not sync to my ppc inbox. I want to be able to sync my hotmail http account and I have it selected as my default account in outlook, but it still will not work.

Any suggestions or clarifications would be great

Jason Dunn
11-05-2002, 06:44 AM
I had this same problem. Try changing the Inbox sync options in ActiveSync (days synched, etc.) and it might start working again - did for me at least!

Sheynk
11-05-2002, 11:59 PM
Nope nada zilch, is this an Outlook problem or a PPC sync problem. Is it supposed to sync the defaul accout? cause my hotmail account is chosen as the default but when I turn outlook on, it shows me that the inbox is empty. Maybe thats bue to another account (POP3) being used, but I never have any email on it so if the inbox says its empty, its true....I dont know

Any ideas

Sheynk
11-06-2002, 12:05 AM
Also, hotmail is listed as a separate thing from "Personal Folders" maybe thats why, how can I make hotmail be synced

Anyone?

Adam
11-11-2002, 03:30 PM
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that whatever folder you synchronise with must be inside "Personal Folders". This may only be an Outlook limitation - though I don't know what other email systems are supported by Activesync.

I think you need to check some of the other synchronisation programs out there - though most/all piggyback Activesync.

Otherwise, can you move your Hotmail account to under your "personal Folders"? Maybe use rules to bodge it so that you use an Inbox there?

Sheynk
11-12-2002, 02:08 AM
Thats the thing

I cant get it to be a "Personal Folder" CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!!

Sheynk
11-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Could it be because hotmail is HTML? and that other account is pop?

HELP

Adam
11-12-2002, 12:05 PM
I don't have a Hotmail account myself, so I can't check, but you might be able to set-up POP access to their server.

Try creating a POP account. I'd guess their server is pop.hotmail.com or pop3.hotmail.com (I can't ping through our firewall).

Otherwise you may have to move away from Hotmail. If they have auto-forwarding you could set-up another account and have your hotmail forawrd to that. You can set your from address for any account to what you want, so you can gradually move away from it.

Otherwise, I guess someone who uses Hotmail will need to help you.

NorthPole76
11-12-2002, 02:35 PM
Hi,
the bad news: you won't be able to get the Hotmail account into your Personal folder in Outlook. don't know why, but whatever i tried, it didn't work (also, when you bring in your hotmail account to Outlook, you do it directly over the webmail account, not via POP3)

the good news:
just creat your hotmail account on your PPC-device.
PPC-Outlook > new email-account > hotmail (pretty much the same steps as on your desk top)

it worked fine on my 3850, although i soon deinstalled the hotmail account from my device due to all the chunk mail....

NorthPole