View Full Version : My e310 is frozen!!!! :(

JackTheTripper
11-04-2002, 10:44 PM
I don't know what's up! I turned it on and it was non-responsive. Tried all the keys and even the power button wasn't working. OK, flip it over and give it a poke, right? So I did this and I get the basic start screen with "Copywright (c) 1997-2001 Accelent Systems Inc. 1.05" in the upper left corner. And it just sits there. I tried reseting again and nothing. Followed the directions for a hard reset (Power + reset button) and nothing works. :(

Please help!

Ed Hansberry
11-04-2002, 11:21 PM
If you have an SD card in the system, remove it and try everything again. If that fails, call Toshiba. Could be a piece of hardware gone bad.

2002F1Fan
11-11-2002, 10:10 PM
Same thing hapened to me. I think... Sent it toshiba and was fixed all within 3 days including shipment. I was experiencing problems: I would get a white screen and wouldn't start up. If you are getting the same problems call toshiba. They will send you a box priority overnight and they will ship it to a center where they will fix it, then ship it back. Like I said it only took 3 days!

JET
11-15-2002, 02:01 PM
Same thing hapened to me. I think... Sent it toshiba and was fixed all within 3 days including shipment. I was experiencing problems: I would get a white screen and wouldn't start up. If you are getting the same problems call toshiba. They will send you a box priority overnight and they will ship it to a center where they will fix it, then ship it back. Like I said it only took 3 days!

Same 'white screen' issue with my e310. Toshiba have had mine for 2 weeks tho' :(

JET

JET
11-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Got my e310 back from Toshiba on Friday and all appears to be well :D

No 'white screens' (and my battery seems to be lasting longer too!)

JET

JackTheTripper
11-19-2002, 07:37 PM
Mine should be back this afternoon. (Yes, I lagged on sending it out.:()

KyleC
11-20-2002, 02:42 AM
The same thing happened to me, but I took a paper clip and flipped the unit power switch at the bottom of the device right, then left. Hard reseted the device, but at least it's working again. :roll: Just sync back and you're golden! 8)

By the way, I originally tried to flip the power switch with my stylus, but I found out that they designed it so that it could be flipped on, but not off, with the stylus, which is amazing to think that they had that kind of forethought.

JackTheTripper
11-20-2002, 05:17 PM
The same thing happened to me, but I took a paper clip and flipped the unit power switch at the bottom of the device right, then left. Hard reseted the device, but at least it's working again. :roll: Just sync back and you're golden! 8)

By the way, I originally tried to flip the power switch with my stylus, but I found out that they designed it so that it could be flipped on, but not off, with the stylus, which is amazing to think that they had that kind of forethought.
Tried that. Even left it "off" for 48 hours then tried again. Just the mait startup screen frozen. Toshiba rep said it must be hardware so I had to sent it in, but thanx! :)

Oh, and ya, learned the paper clip thing pretty quick.

nhorca
11-27-2002, 07:46 AM
Hi all,

It just seems too coincidental that we all had our units die around the same time frame all within 3 months. Here's what I posted at brighthand:

Battery drain without using

Hello,

I've had my e310 for about 3 months before sending it back twice to Toshiba within this last two weeks:

1) infamous hanging up at the copyright screen (could not reset or turn off)
2) Battery will not hold a charge not being used for 12hrs.

Before this, I was really impressed with the battery life:

* light usage and not recharging for a couple of days
* play games for 3 hrs and still above 50%

I got a great machine until now.

Anyways, I'm now losing 5% every hour without using the pda (I hope they changed the battery the second time back). This equates to 20hrs until I go 0%. If I don't charge my pda in a day? I lose all my info? What happened?

My e310 is stock with no third-party software installed at the moment and no external memory card.

Would you all check the % decrease of your units without using your pda? It doesn't make sense.

8O

nhorca
11-27-2002, 07:52 AM
Oh yeah,

It's me again.

JacktheTripper, when Toshiba returned my unit it was 1.04............ not 1.05...........hhhmmmm.......

Anyways, what i'm doing now is had the unit go down to 5% level and charging again overnight. Maybe this will do something. Otherwise I'll have to call Toshiba and have it looked over for the third time. In fact, I'll still be calling them tomorrow to verify what was it that they did to the unit.

My guess is that they may have shorted something inside unknowingly causing this power drain.

JackTheTripper
11-27-2002, 05:00 PM
I charged mine on Monday and pulled it out of the charger at 5PM. Didn't turn it on until now and it's monday at 8 AM. Battery was at 75%. Definatly call them.

nhorca
11-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the info JackTheTripper.

So did I understand your message? Did you lose 25% power in:

1) Monday to Monday (one week)
2) Monday to Wednesday (three days)
3) Monday to Monday (three hours)

Select one :wink:

Anyways, I have another box coming my way to have it returned one more time. Probably won't get it until early next week.

Sigh....Any suggestions for plan B if it istill not fixed? :(

JackTheTripper
11-27-2002, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the info JackTheTripper.

So did I understand your message? Did you lose 25% power in:

1) Monday to Monday (one week)
2) Monday to Wednesday (three days)
3) Monday to Monday (three hours)

Select one :wink:

Anyways, I have another box coming my way to have it returned one more time. Probably won't get it until early next week.

Sigh....Any suggestions for plan B if it istill not fixed? :(

Ummm.... I'll take door number 2. Sorry, ment to type wednesday. So yes, in the span of about 36 hours I lost 25% with very very minimal use. Turned it on maybe twice for a minute each.

JET
12-17-2002, 04:11 PM
Got my e310 back from Toshiba on Friday and all appears to be well :D

No 'white screens' (and my battery seems to be lasting longer too!)

JET

My e310 was fine for a couple of weeks, but then the 'white screen' returned. :( Called Toshiba and was promised a call back within a couple of days. Took longer than that (A couple of weeks - I had decided to leave it until after Christmas and then shout a lot) :evil: , but they called back today - Won't repair it again, but want to replace it with a shiny new e330. :) Also, as I can get my e310 to start eventually and am therefore getting some use out of it, they are going to ship the e330 to me and then arrange for the pickup of the e310. :D

That is what is known as good customer service (If a little on the sloooow side!)

JJTVR
01-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Hi all,

I'm glad I started searching for forums on pda's as I've been having problems with mine. My screen kept on going white and so have sent it back. Have been impressed so far with the customer service of Toshiba - there arranged for it to be picked up the next day - hopefully it will be returned very quickly!

Also, when charging up the pda the light sometimes goes green even when not fully charged - bizarre!

JET
01-04-2003, 02:35 PM
e330 arrived yesterday :D (More than a little while after it was initially promised, but it's here now).

Was able to beam contacts/calendar entries as I still have my e310. Just need to wait for Toshiba to arrange pickup of the e310.

Overall, impressed with level of support (after all, I have ended up with a brand new, faster machine with double the memory), although it could stand being a little quicker/more enthusiastic.

JET