View Full Version : Newbie with a Toshiba....help please.

lyric651
11-01-2002, 09:44 PM
Okay so I have a wirelss network in my house. I can get online on my pocketpc and go to just about any site but when I try to log on to my hotmail or yahoo email it says something about accepting cookies, which are already enabled, and something about Internet Explorer. If anyone know what is causing me to not get to my email please help!! It's very bothersome.

Thanks,
Robin

MobiliT
11-01-2002, 11:34 PM
it says something about accepting cookies, which are already enabled, and something about Internet Explorer. If anyone know what is causing me to not get to my email please help!!
Do you have the 128-bit Microsoft High Encryption Pack installed? If not, download it free from Microsoft's site, install it, then try again.
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/downloads/ssl128.asp

MobiliT
11-02-2002, 12:01 AM
For some reason, the Microsoft page linked above states the download is for Pocket PC 2000 only, not meant for Pocket PC 2002. However, the e740 may be an exception with the ROM not automatically including 128-bit Internet Explorer. The following thread may shed more light...
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3802&highlight=encryption

lyric651
11-02-2002, 02:49 AM
thanks..i'll check it out

lyric651
11-02-2002, 03:42 AM
okay well that didn't work....i had to do a full system restore because installing the service pack screwed everything up. any other thoughts or ideas as what could let me access my hotmail?

MobiliT
11-02-2002, 04:25 AM
It would be helpful to others if you included more specific information, that way the procedure can be replicated and perhaps the error reproduced. What brand and model of Pocket PC? What OS version? What is the exact error message? I assumed it was a Toshiba solely on the forum topic.

lyric651
11-02-2002, 04:56 AM
it's a Toshiba e740, the OS pocket pc 2002. The exact error message is that when i try to access my hotmail it tells me that i need to enable cookies and to secure my connections. But I called Toshiba and they are sending me a prepaid shipping box to send it in and they are going to fix the data loss problem when removing the batttery and update the encryption problem. So now I just have to wait and see what happens.