View Full Version : mp3's in car through pocket pc

jl777
10-31-2002, 03:30 AM
does anyone know of a device that will allow me to play mp3's from my pda through my car stereo?

spursdude
10-31-2002, 03:48 AM
well there are a few options. one option is an fm transmitter. this plugs into the headphone port of your PPC, and transmits that sound via FM to your car stereo. I don't own one, but it seems like a fairly simple, wireless, and inexpensive method. Take a look at the iRock 300W (at radio shack, about $30)

or you could check out a regular old cassette adapter. plug one end into pocket pc, the other end into your tape deck. you should be able to find an adapter at any fairly large elctronics store.

those are the two methods i'm familiar with.

yvilla
10-31-2002, 04:54 AM
I have the regular old cassette adaptor, bought at Radio Shack. It's cheap, works great. Good bass, etc.

smashcasi
10-31-2002, 06:25 AM
Another option is an FM modulator (example (http://www.mp3kit.com/Products/PLL-1_FM/pll-1_fm.html)). FM transmitters are definitely more convienent, but have a tendency to 'drift' and are rather finicky about their positioning to obtain a good signal. FM modulators plug directly into your stereo's antennae jack, thus preventing drift and resulting in a much better signal.

However, your best bet would be to use your stereo's aux. input if it has one. It's usually on the back, but all this would require is a mini-jack to stereo adapter cable, which you should be able to find pretty easily. This method also results in the best signal quality.