View Full Version : Cell phone connection no longer working

Birdman
10-30-2002, 04:38 PM
I have an ipaq 3650 and an older Sanyo cell phone. A few months ago I picked up the appropriate cable from www.thesupplynet.com to connect my ipaq to my cell phone. While I usually go on-line with my CF modem, the ability to connect to the net and get my email while in the car or away from a landline through the use of the cable and my cell phone was fantastic. It worked like a charm.

This past weekend I was away and used my CF modem to connect. Now back in the city, I once again tried to use the cell phone. (Under the connection settings, I created 2 different entries, one for the CF modem and one for the cell phone).

Here is the problem. As soon as I connect the cable to the ipaq and the other end to the cell phone I get a dialog box which pops up and says "Connect To 115200 Default. Status: Connecting to Host". This is before I activate any connection; this happens as soon as I plug the cable into the base of the ipaq. It is almost as if it thinks it is in the cradle and is trying to connect to my desktop. (That is the message I get when cradling the ipaq and it connects to my desktop.)

I don't know why it was working fine before and now it is no longer working. I can't dial out because I get an error message that the communications port is not available because it is being used by another program. Is there a setting that I may have changed by mistake?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanx.

CoreyJF
10-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Do you have a targus keybord? I had that problem with my old 3600 series. When I disabled hotsync for Targus the problem vanished. See if you have any porgrams that are automaticly looking for the port...

Birdman
10-30-2002, 06:17 PM
No, I have the Stowaway keyboard which does not have the option to sync. I have tried a number of soft re-sets and verified all my connection settings. I don't what has changed that it worked before and now it doesn't. The ipaq seems to think that the cable connected to the cell phone is a cradle connected to the desktop and is trying to sync automatically. Before, I would connect the cable and nothing would happen until I initiated a dial-up connection.

CoreyJF
10-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Stoway is Targus. In the options there is a setting that allows it to connect automaticly. I think it is called hotsync but I am not sure. When I disabled that and did a soft reset the problem vanished

Birdman
10-30-2002, 07:38 PM
There is no hotsync option. There is a "hotdock" option but checking or unchecking it has no impact on the problem. Thanx for the suggestion.

Birdman
10-31-2002, 10:32 PM
I disabled the Stowaway keyboard driver alltogether, and now it works again.
You were on the right track.
Thanx