View Full Version : Ipaq 3870 Reminder Alarms

Iznot Gold
10-27-2002, 12:50 AM
Please can anyone help with the following problem. When I set reminder alarms for forthcoming events they only infrequently work. That is the LED will flash & the alert message will be displayed - as required but the audible alarm does not sound. I only get the alarm sound when I switch the ipaq on, which is usually after the event! This failure is not consistent some times I do get the audible alert but more often than not I don't. This issue was not a problem 2-3 months ago...I'm guessing here but before the updated ROM and PCC2002 EUU updates. In every other way the Ipaq works just the way I want it to. Any help regarding this matter would be greatfully received. Thanks.

Pony99CA
10-28-2002, 08:29 AM
Please can anyone help with the following problem. When I set reminder alarms for forthcoming events they only infrequently work. That is the LED will flash & the alert message will be displayed - as required but the audible alarm does not sound. I only get the alarm sound when I switch the ipaq on, which is usually after the event! This failure is not consistent some times I do get the audible alert but more often than not I don't. This issue was not a problem 2-3 months ago...I'm guessing here but before the updated ROM and PCC2002 EUU updates. In every other way the Ipaq works just the way I want it to. Any help regarding this matter would be greatfully received. Thanks.
I occasionally get the same problem on my 3870, too. I haven't figured out any pattern.

However, you say you get the alarm message, but only hear the sound when you power your iPAQ on. If your iPAQ is off, how do you know you're getting the message? Maybe the message only pops up when you turn the Pocket PC on, just like the sound.

Steve