View Full Version : Missing Emoticons

Jason Dunn
10-24-2002, 05:16 PM
I see that some of you had text macros for inserting links to certain emoticons. Unfortunately, we haven't yet migrated over the emoticons we added to the site on the old Web host, so those links are showing up as broken. Until we announce that the emoticons have been added to this new server, please use the "stock" emoticons. Thanks!

PhatCohiba
10-24-2002, 08:17 PM
:lying: :vamp: :onfire: :splat:

What!!!! No extended emoticons?? How can I express myself???

:2gunfire: :shocked!: :popcorn: :rocol: :icecream:

Actually Jason, I can only imagine how many emails you've gotten on this. Man, some times running a site like this must get frustrating...

Keep up the work, I and others surely appreciate it.

Jonathon Watkins
10-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Ah- that explains it. Well - when you have a momet.... :wink: :lol:

Seriously - we appreciate all the little touches around the place and know you are busy. 8) Cheers!

Janak Parekh
10-25-2002, 03:37 AM
Don't worry, we'll survive :D

Speaking of broken emoticons: in "articles" on the site (i.e., when viewing them without comments), backslashes still appear in the image URL's.

Viewing http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?id=4282 in a non-IE browser is illustrative (the very end of the article, before the "More Articles" section).

Keep up the good work, Jason - it's definitely noticed. :way to go: ;)

--bdj

Fabrizio Fiandanese
10-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Speaking of broken emoticons: in "articles" on the site (i.e., when viewing them without comments), backslashes still appear in the image URL's.

Viewing http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?id=4282 in a non-IE browser is illustrative (the very end of the article, before the "More Articles" section).

check it out now :wink:

Jonathon Watkins
10-30-2003, 12:58 AM
Yup - that's done it. :-)

Janak Parekh
10-30-2003, 03:32 AM
Well, yes, but about a year ago. Any reason you dug this up? :|

--janak

JustinGTP
10-30-2003, 03:43 AM
This confused me - I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "text macros" and things. Could someone elaborate (janak) maybe? That would be excellent.

-Justin.

Janak Parekh
10-30-2003, 03:45 AM
This confused me - I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "text macros" and things. Could someone elaborate (janak) maybe? That would be excellent.
Click on a smiley, and note the text it embeds in the post to instruct phpBB to render the smiley. That's your "text macro". You don't need to actually click the smiley -- you could type the equivalent text instead. I've memorized most of the smileys' "macros", so I only click once out of ever 30 times or so...

--janak

JustinGTP
10-30-2003, 03:52 AM
Ahhh, thank you! I get it! So this is a "text macro" then:

:lol: :eek: :shock:

I have memorized some of those too, most of the ones I use anyways

-Justin.

Jonathon Watkins
10-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Well, yes, but about a year ago. Any reason you dug this up? :|

--janak

I got an email in yesterday saying that a reply had been posted on this topic - I did not remember this topic so relied after looking and I and did not check the date. So WHY was I sent a notification email about this? :?: Very odd.

Janak Parekh
10-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Bizarre! A yearold notification? :lol:

--janak

Jonathon Watkins
10-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Yes - seriously. It came in with the others - I clicked on it & it said the link was dead. I found the thread using the search string "Missing Emoticons" in "Search", checked that thread was the correct one and replied. Odd.

Dave Beauvais
10-30-2003, 08:36 PM
That can happen if someone replies to a message then deletes their reply. Anyone watching that topic gets a notice that a reply was made but when they visit that page, the post no longer exists.

--Dave

Jonathon Watkins
10-30-2003, 08:50 PM
OK - so maybe they realised that the thread was a year old as well! :lol: