View Full Version : Pocket PC magazine's Best Software Awards 2002

Jason Dunn
10-24-2002, 04:45 PM
<a href="http://www.pocketpcmag.com/Jan03/winners.asp">http://www.pocketpcmag.com/Jan03/winners.asp</a><br /><br />The results are in on the awards, so go see if your favourite application made the cut!<br /><br />"From over 1,400 pieces of software listed in Pocket PC magazine's Encyclopedia of Software and Accessories, we nominated 436 for the magazine's Best Software Awards 2002. From these nominees, 158 finalists were selected with 57 of them voted as winners in their respective categories. <br /><br />Nitin Gupta, our third-party products editor, created the Encyclopedia. With 10-15 new Pocket PC-related products released weekly, the Encyclopedia was introduced to make the rapidly growing product listings more accessible to our readers. In the Encyclopedia, Nitin divided end-user Pocket PC software into 9 main categories: Communication, Games, Information Managers, Internet, Multimedia, Personal, Text and Reference, Travel, and Utilities. These were further divided into 57 sub-categories ranging from Puzzle Games to Travel Guides to Multimedia Video."

toshtoshtosh
10-24-2002, 05:16 PM
RealOne best Audio Player? :?

Strange that withMP3 and iPlay weren't nominated, I thought the general agreement was that those 2 are the best.

Jason Dunn
10-24-2002, 05:19 PM
RealOne best Audio Player? :?

Strange that withMP3 and iPlay weren't nominated, I thought the general agreement was that those 2 are the best.

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd too, but there was a deadline several months back, so perhaps withMP3 didn't make it. It's also common to miss an application if none of the judges or Nitin are aware of it - it's getting harder and harder to keep track of all the Pocket PC software out there. That's a good thing actually! :D

entropy1980
10-24-2002, 05:44 PM
It was a pretty cool presentation last night, from what people said that had attended last year it was alot more put together and it was much nicer this year. It was at the "swank" Highlands Lounge/Bar pretty nice place. got some pictures I will be posting later on my site....

kennyg
10-24-2002, 06:52 PM
Last year's was still fun and all of the developers got to meet one another, and there was nothing but very bad snack food. But the booze was free... :D

And of course I had to miss it! I even won for CityTime!

Steven Cedrone
10-24-2002, 08:14 PM
Is this correct:

For the "Screen Capture" catagory under "Utilities", there is only one finalist and no winner?

Certified Optimist
10-25-2002, 03:46 AM
Just wondering ...what is Raymand doing under "Role Playing Games" http://www.pocketpcmag.com/Jan03/winners_1.asp?cat=38

T-Will
10-25-2002, 04:21 PM
Do they even play the games or is this competition based on screenshots?

jkarpen
10-25-2002, 04:42 PM
Is this correct:

For the "Screen Capture" catagory under "Utilities", there is only one finalist and no winner?

Thanks for pointing that out. The page has now been updated with the correct information.

Jim