View Full Version : More Mazingo Content

Brad Adrian
10-22-2002, 12:15 AM
<a href="http://www.mazingo.net/pc/index.php">http://www.mazingo.net/pc/index.php</a><br /><br />For those of you who use Mazingo, here's some good news. You'll soon be able to download and watch the latest episodes of two popular news magazines.<br /><br />"For the first time, two nationally syndicated television entertainment newsmagazines will make video highlights available daily to millions of PDA users around the world. Working in a unique cross-promotional partnership with Mazingo.Net, The Mobile Entertainment Network, Telepictures Productions’ syndicated newsmagazines “Extra” and “Celebrity Justice” will provide daily video highlights to members of the Mazingo Network’s worldwide mobile audience beginning today. Fresh video will be delivered automatically to Mazingo subscribers who select the shows."<br /><br />This is part of the fee-based Digital Video Package that you can subscribe to at Mazingo. You can get a 5 day trial subscription for $4.95. You can then pay $14.95 per month, or, if you subscribe for an entire year, you pay only $7.91 per month. I've been tempted to subscribe, just to see how well the daily video updating works, but have never taken the plunge. I'd love to hear from anybody who tried it.

bbarker
10-22-2002, 05:02 AM
http://www.mazingo.net/pc/index.php

For those of you who use Mazingo, here's some good news. You'll soon be able to download and watch the latest episodes of two popular news magazines.
It looks like "soon" is now. I just downloaded and played these new features.

b3trio
10-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Mazingo has done an amazing job of bringing aboard content providers and updating their software.

It's taken some suffering through less than fuinctional client versions of the software, but I think they are finally there :D

You really have to use a storage card reader though to get the most out of this service, but it is well worth it.

Keep up the good work Mazingo!

flooder
10-22-2002, 05:46 PM
Mazingo seems to have a real good product. The newly revamped portion that deals with high bandwith items like video and sound is real nice. Still some tweeks that I would like to see but really not bad at all.

Just like to give a thanks to Jason. I think he was the one that brought Mazingo to our attention a year ago and thanks to him I have the lifetime free exemption to the premium content.

Keep up the good work.

someppcuser
10-22-2002, 07:21 PM
Video quality is really good with PocketTV, but the main problem is that Mazingo DVP does not sync, you have to redownload everything each time you check out what's new. A total waste of bandwidth and time.

Unreal32
10-23-2002, 12:30 AM
I agree, if you could just synch and not re-download it would make things much better. The material is great, but synch times have taken me as much as 25-30 minutes over a DSL line.

mazingo
10-23-2002, 06:05 AM
The DVP does not redownload content each time -- only updated content. This is one of the design enhancements we made since specifically for the DVP.

If you encounter something different, please email me at Mazingo tech support. I'd like to hear about it personally.

Also, please tell me your account name, and what version of the software you are using.

You can contact me directly at [email protected].

Thanks,

Bill Dettering
CTO
Mazingo Network