View Full Version : Anyone know how 2 remove "Welcome 2 Windows Media Playe

intastella
10-21-2002, 07:36 PM
8O

I don't make my own playlists much, I just get my Ipaq to play all the sound files it can find.

This inevitably means that at some point in my mix, I'll be bombarded by a cheezy Microsoft sound bite for ten seconds.

Interestingly, one can't skip the track or fast forward it. You have to sit there and listen to it every time. After the three hundredth listen, it can really lose it's pizazz.

It seems the only way to avoid this issue is to edit the playlist every time you load up tunes. I don't want to do that. There used to be a way to get rid of it, but as it's in the ROM, I know it's not as easy as just deleting it. If only.

I've had a quick look around and can't find any information on this. Anyone?

Kind regards,
C Malcolm

Steven Cedrone
10-21-2002, 08:10 PM
You could always copy a favorite tune to the Pocket PC and re-name it with the same name as the "Welcome" song. The pocket PC will play your "Version" of the song...

Steve

WillyG
10-21-2002, 08:31 PM
You could always copy a favorite tune...

In this case ur favorite tune could/would be a very short one. I know the Silent Orcestra, Steve Silence Jr., Shory S Ilence and Bearing Silence Band have some nice quiet tunes. :wink:

Steven Cedrone
10-21-2002, 08:37 PM
You could always copy a favorite tune...

In this case ur favorite tune could/would be a very short one. I know the Silent Orcestra, Steve Silence Jr., Shory S Ilence and Bearing Silence Band have some nice quiet tunes. :wink:

:?: I don't get it :?:

WillyG
10-21-2002, 08:55 PM

:lol: In the name of politeness im a bit afraid to ask, but heck, il jump into it:
Ur joking right? <- Dont read this, its for Steven only (Keyword is silence) :wink:

To be more clear. Record a short silence (ie. 1 second), then convert the wav file to wma, and name it the same as the welcome tune. Then copy it over the one in ROM. I believe its in the Windows folder on your Pocket Pc. The result would be a 1 second (silent) break, while it plays, in stead of a 20 seconds WMP commercial. (If interested i can provide that "null-file")

Steven Cedrone
10-21-2002, 09:08 PM

:lol: In the name of politeness im a bit afraid to ask, but heck, il jump into it:
Ur joking right? <- Dont read this, its for Steven only (Keyword is silence) :wink:

To be more clear. Record a short silence (ie. 1 second), then convert the wav file to wma, and name it the same as the welcome tune. Then copy it over the one in ROM. I believe its in the Windows folder on your Pocket Pc. The result would be a 1 second (silent) break, while it plays, in stead of a 20 seconds WMP commercial. (If interested i can provide that "null-file")

I see said the blind man. Your first post was a bit cryptic (and after rereading it, I still don't get it) :wink:

But why not use a Pink Floyd tune (or you favorite tune) instead of the silence. Three minutes of music is better then 1-2 seconds of silence (hence, my first suggestion/post...)

Sven Johannsen
10-22-2002, 03:57 AM
Maybe I'm nuts, but that file doesn't appear on mine. I do remember it being there. I remember deleting it. I don't have it now.

I just grabbed my wife's Jornada, used Resco File to find .wma's, found welcome to media player.wav, tap and hold, delete, and it's gone. Doesn't show up in the file manager, nor in local content in Media Player anymore.

Actually I think I deleted mine from the ActiveSync Explor Windo, shortly after I got mine.

spursdude
10-22-2002, 05:23 AM
yeah i think i deleted my welcome file too. it doesn't bother me at all now.

JackTheTripper
10-22-2002, 04:17 PM
But why not use a Pink Floyd tune (or you favorite tune) instead of the silence. Three minutes of music is better then 1-2 seconds of silence (hence, my first suggestion/post...)

I think the reason for not using an actual song is because let's say you use "comfortably numb." You here it all the time when you're listening as it plays all the tracks randomly. 3 months from now if you're looking for it you're gonna say "I know that song is on here but there is no file named "Comfortably Numb"

I dunno, makes sense to me.:D

Steven Cedrone
10-22-2002, 04:40 PM
But when "Comfortably Numb" is playing, the song title will be "Welcome to..."

Steve