View Full Version : Warning: hp Jornada 928 wda and EUU3

marlof
10-18-2002, 08:38 PM
As EUU3 will be released very soon by the OEMs, people will start installing it. And if things go like they went with previous releases, people will try to install EUU3 provided by one OEM on devices provided by other OEMs. That is not very wise, as in general it is best to wait for an update to be released for your specific device.<br /><br />In the case of the hp Jornada 928 wda and EUU3 this is more than simply unwise, it would be a silly decision. You should not even think about installing any version of EUU3 that is not specifically released for the 928. This unit is such a special one, that a plain install of EUU3 might cause you to end up with less Windows Media Player functionality instead of more. So although 928 owners might be warmed by pt's sneak peek, if you see EUU3 released by other OEMs for other devices do yourself a favor and be patient. As soon as there's a EUU3 release for the hp Jornada 928 wda I'll post on it.

Jonathan1
10-18-2002, 09:33 PM
*shakes head* People just don't get that this isn't like Windows on the desktop where you can install SP's no matter if its a Dell, Sony HP, or Toshiba. These things are totally customized for the device in question.

No offense but that's sort of what you get for not waiting. :roll:

Personally I'll hold off a few day and see what fallout occurs before installing the update. Funny thing is my PPC has worked fine up till now for what I use it for. Why mess with a good thing. :)

Paragon
10-18-2002, 10:27 PM
So, Marlof, I'm curious, how did you discover this fact.....You're not having problems listening to Spinal Tap on your Jornada now are you? :D

Dave

marlof
10-18-2002, 10:50 PM
Dave, I won't comment on this one. Let's just say that I'm happy that this became clear *before* EUU3 is launched to the general public by one of the OEMs.

Paragon
10-18-2002, 10:56 PM
Dave, I won't comment on this one. Let's just say that I'm happy that this became clear *before* EUU3 is launched to the general public by one of the OEMs.

:wink:

Master O'Mayhem
10-19-2002, 12:34 AM
marlof, The wda destroyer :P

KyleC
10-19-2002, 09:06 PM
Can you keep me informed when they announce EUU3 for the e310? (You said you'd do that for the Jornada users :wink: )
mailto:[email protected]

van_mierlo
10-19-2002, 11:28 PM
marlof, The wda destroyer :P

So marlof what's next