View Full Version : iPAQ 3970 & Sony T68i Contacts Sync

hilldl
10-18-2002, 07:00 PM
How can I syncronize the contact lists in both devices other than doing them 1 at a time? I'd like to keep my T68i in sync with my iPAQ (which stays in sync with my desktop via ActiveSync).

Jason Dunn
10-18-2002, 07:20 PM
Can you beam the contacts via IR from the iPAQ to the T68?

spaceman
10-19-2002, 01:49 AM
I think a package like mphone from www.mobem.com should allow you to sync the PPC's contact database with the ones you downloaded to the phone. You can d/l a demo version from Handago or PocketGear to try out.

This allows you to manage both the phone and SIM address book directly by importing from the PPC address book. You can sync from back from the phone to PPC if you change the phone's entry and then when you sync from PPC to PC desktop's Outlook, all three should be synchronized.

I've downloaded about 200 contacts into the phone in batch mode in about 5-8 minutes via bluetooth. Should also work with IrDa. Mphone 2.5 still has some rough edges but it's more than adequate. Can also d/l pictures and ring tone to the t68.

masaki
10-19-2002, 02:59 AM
Can you beam the contacts via IR from the iPAQ to the T68?

Yes, if you beam a contact from the T68i to the iPAQ, you'll be asked to accept the transfer. The downside is that you can only send one contact at a time.

I send contacts from my T68i to my iPAQ 3970 and vice versa using either IR or Bluetooth ocassionally and it works very well.

hilldl
10-24-2002, 03:24 PM
Thanks for all of the information folks, it's helpful. I probably will buy the product from mobem.com as it sounds great. For the time being, I disabled the Accept promot on the T68i and loaded all via the BT connection. Took about 3 minutes for less than 200 contacts.

Thanks again.

don dre
11-18-2002, 02:17 AM
I recently purchased the T68i. I sent my whole contact list to the T68 vie BT though it took a few minutes.

inkfox
11-26-2002, 07:07 PM
How can I syncronize the contact lists in both devices other than doing them 1 at a time? I'd like to keep my T68i in sync with my iPAQ (which stays in sync with my desktop via ActiveSync).

Did you try drag-selecting a group before sending?

FredMurphy
11-26-2002, 07:43 PM
If you're keeping your desktop PC and iPAQ in sync, why not get a Bluetooth adaptor for your desktop PC and keep your T68i in sync with that using XTNDConnect? (You can download XTNDConnect from Sony Ericsson - a bit flaky but once you get it working, it's OK.)

You should also be able to use Bluetooth to ActiveSync the iPAQ and desktop, and to send pictures to the phone for the picture phonebook.

This all works fine with my Jornada 568 / Socket BT card combo - Haven't had personal experience with an iPAQ.