View Full Version : Closing Applications

Dman
10-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Problem
---------
It seems like the only way to close ALL of your applications is to go to Start > Setting > System > Memory > Running Programs > Stop All

That is so damn tedious. Way too many steps.

I can only see 2 solutions to this:

1) Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to put the link for the memory control panel icon into my start screen?

2) The other option is GigaBar. This sucks. :evil: The toolbar blocks your ability to turn WiFi on/off and prohibits use the OK button on the top right corner of the screen...then I decided I didn't want Gigabar and tried to uninstall it...that sucked too because you have to reset your machine after removing the program. :x

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me 2 cents of advice.

Malacandra
10-18-2002, 01:28 PM
How about WISBar
www.pelmarinc.com

newst
10-18-2002, 02:02 PM
You can also try one of the dedicated programs like Resco Task Manager.

steve

Jeff Rutledge
10-18-2002, 02:43 PM
You may want to look at Gigatask as well. Running in Pro Mode, it's the only task manager I've stuck with (and I've tried them all).
www.gigatask.com

Sven Johannsen
10-18-2002, 02:49 PM
PocketNav from http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff.html is still my favorite. It's simplicity and focus is wht attracts me. It is a task switcher/closer, that's it. Doesn't take over anything else.

mashtim
10-20-2002, 01:39 AM
I'm going to second the vote for GigaTask. Not only does it allow you to close one/all programs while allowing use of the WiFi On/Off switch software, but it also (if you assign it to a hardware button) allows you to switch between open programs with one finger. REALLY handy when driving.

Janak Parekh
10-20-2002, 03:36 AM
One last alternative is to use the built-in Toshiba launcher, which has the ability to stop tasks. (I know this exists on the 740, not sure about the Maestro/570).

--bdj