View Full Version : "Tungsten T" VS. Jornada 568

WillyG
10-17-2002, 09:04 PM
This looks familiar (as first seen on pocketpcthoughts :wink: )
Thought they said there would b no such thing.

Take a look at this Palm"info"center article here: http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=4376

spursdude
10-18-2002, 12:56 AM
the tungsten sure has a poor looking screen...

Sven Johannsen
10-18-2002, 01:49 AM
the tungsten sure has a poor looking screen...

I don't think it looks all that bad next to the Jornada they tilted so the sidelight shines into the camera :)

mookie123
10-19-2002, 11:33 PM
Tungsten's screen is the same screen as Sony's T class. (320*320 reflective.)

it's not going to beat iPAQ's 3900's screen. (not sure about the viewsonic's. but probably it will)

Review of NX70

http://www.spug.net/forums/showthread.php?s=43393dfe6264c28b7376de64d9bd0e86&threadid=32768

-Battery is really dysmal (understanably since it has far bigger screen, but still) but the overall functional bettery life is worst than E740. hence one doubt if the WiFi card is usefull at all.

-OS 5.0 is a complete disaster it seems. for eg.
the browser will take 2MB of ram.
It only run perceptibly as fast as the 66mHz NR70.
Almost all of the "more elaborate" OS 4.1 program crashed.
No improvement how it handle external memory

it seriously starts to look like nothing more than a 4.1 running on ARM, instead of a fresh new OS that just also happens to run 4.1 apps.

It's ironic but OS 5.0 has become a damned expensive bloat!

Janak Parekh
10-19-2002, 11:53 PM
it seriously starts to look like nothing more than a 4.1 running on ARM, instead of a fresh new OS that just also happens to run 4.1 apps.
Indeed, I think this has been Ed's point all along. Until we have ARM-optimized apps, you're getting virtually nothing, if that blog post's accurate (and I have no reason to believe otherwise). Thanks for the link, I've been tempted by recent Sony's but the NX70V is not what it's cracked up to be.

BTW - note that the iPaq's, even the reflective ones, are brighter than the HP; and the transflective screen is in a class all its own. The Tungsten may appeal to those who want a really small unit, but that seems to be it.

--bdj