View Full Version : T-mobile updates, and patches, can we install them?

Hank Scorpio
10-15-2002, 01:12 AM
Just wondering about us people with T-Mobiles, who do we have to wait for to make updates and stuff? For instance the EUU3, will we be able to use this update or do we have to wait for a PPCPE specific update? And the new media player update, 8.5, will we be able to just install that or do we have to wait on that one too?

Jason Dunn
10-15-2002, 07:26 AM
With EUU2, the bits from one OEM were the same as from another OEM, so it would seem to work across devices. With EUU3 though, that may not be the case - unless you're up for a risk that may destroy your device, don't do it. :-)

mzeitler
11-16-2002, 01:17 PM
Does anybody know where/if I can download the US version update to 3.13 or higher?

cease
11-22-2002, 09:52 PM
Does anybody know where/if I can download the US version update to 3.13 or higher?
Don't do it. I had 3.14, beta 1, and it fried my phone. I have 3.14 beta 2, works great. Not sure when it will be released to the public. I was lucky enough to be on an eval team so was able to get 2 upgrades. The first completely killed the phone. The second one works like a charm. Even seems a little quicker.

mzeitler
11-22-2002, 10:32 PM
I did something really stupid. I installed the GPRS update from the T-Mobile site in germany to my US version of the MDA... (donīt try it, but the files are here: http://www.t-mobile.de/mda/software/1,2223,3076-_,00.html)

Now the phone function is no longer working but only "searching...." for the GSM net (of course I tried to hard reset and double checked on the service->band setting)

I called about every hotline within T-Mobile Germany and T-Mobile US and was escalated to their 3rd level wireless support, but they were unable to provide me with a flash update that would bring the device back to the original state (or to an updated version)

If you could send me the update to 3.14 (which is a full replacement, isnīt it) I would be able to use it again, without going through the hassle of sending them the device and waiting for weeks to get it back...

Any chance? It would really help me a lot.

My email is [email protected]