View Full Version : I got an idea

Sheynk
10-13-2002, 04:36 AM
It would be much more convinient if the threads were organized by the date of the last post, this would help avoiding older threads with topics that are out of date

thanks

spursdude
10-13-2002, 05:13 AM
mmm yeah i noticed that after the switchover. how are they currently arranged?

Sheynk
10-13-2002, 05:24 AM
My best guess is that they are arranged in "Date thread started order" That is the only thing, to my knowledge, that could make them appear that way.

Sven Johannsen
10-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Agreed. Hard to tell where the new posts are.

smashcasi
10-14-2002, 10:20 PM
This threw me off for a bit too, then I discovered the aptly named "new posts" feature. Quite handy :)

Sven Johannsen
10-15-2002, 02:09 AM
You talking about the '10 most recent' on the front page? Nice, but doesn't cover the other 100 that happen between my visits (hourly, BTW :))

There is also the color on the icon on the right. Yellow says there is new stuff. Just looked at Software which showed a new post had happened. Opened software and found the new post on the third page of threads.

My usual MO is to open the forums I'm interested in that have yellow icons and read the threads with 'new' indicators. Makes it hard if the new ones are buried several pages deep and spread out.

If this is really a preference issue, OK the way it is (whatever that is), or threads with new posts bubble to the top, maybe its time for a, dare I say it,...Poll.

Sven Johannsen
10-15-2002, 02:11 AM
AHA, now I see the New Posts, in tiny print, at the top. Never look there. That's where the ads are :wink: Will try that. Still like new stuff at the top though.