View Full Version : The answers on removing t-mobile apps at pocketpcmagic

mty
10-10-2002, 01:40 AM
http://www.pocketpcmagic.com/removetapps/

Russ
10-10-2002, 09:58 AM
In the UK we don't seem to have these apps (I've checked) What we do have in the StartUp Folder (Well mine anyway) is:-
AELoader
aFlashman
cFlashman
Handsfree
poutlook
SMSReceiver

Handsfree and SMS Receiver seem obvious as does poutlook. The flashman stuff may be something to do with the fact I have flash loaded ??? but I've no idea what the AELoader is (perhaps the Action Engine Stuff ????)

Seems like all these XDA's are quite different, Oh yeah and mine still crashes...tech support - what tech support - I guess we're lucky that they got as far in the learning the alphabet as 'X' otherwise the XDA may have been called something completely different!

Russ

smittyofdhs
10-30-2002, 11:44 PM
In the UK we don't seem to have these apps (I've checked) What we do have in the StartUp Folder (Well mine anyway) is:-
AELoader
aFlashman
cFlashman
Handsfree
poutlook
SMSReceiver

Handsfree and SMS Receiver seem obvious as does poutlook. The flashman stuff may be something to do with the fact I have flash loaded ??? but I've no idea what the AELoader is (perhaps the Action Engine Stuff ????)

Seems like all these XDA's are quite different, Oh yeah and mine still crashes...tech support - what tech support - I guess we're lucky that they got as far in the learning the alphabet as 'X' otherwise the XDA may have been called something completely different!

Russ

aflashman and cflashman are the programs that intialize the SD card and make it visable to the system.

As for the aeloader, do you have an o2 XDA? if so, this is probably that o2 today screen that takes over the real today screen.

Russ
10-31-2002, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the info smittyofdhs, I moved the files
AELoader
aFlashman
cFlashman
to another directory to see what would happen. True AELoader seems to be for the action engine. as for the a/cFlashman, their removal seems to have no effect when accessing an SD - perhaps it is for formatting them ? I don't really want to try it - maybe when I get my new SD.

Russ

smittyofdhs
10-31-2002, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info smittyofdhs, I moved the files
AELoader
aFlashman
cFlashman
to another directory to see what would happen. True AELoader seems to be for the action engine. as for the a/cFlashman, their removal seems to have no effect when accessing an SD - perhaps it is for formatting them ? I don't really want to try it - maybe when I get my new SD.

Russ

I wasn't sure about the aeloader but the other 2 are on all ppc2k2 devices so it was put there by microsoft. what is Action Engine?

andyclap
10-31-2002, 05:02 PM
I'm using an XDA, and I tried out removing *All* of the links in the startup folder.

Works fine for me :wink: