View Full Version : Multiple Avantgo Accounts?

dcharles18
10-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Is there a way to sync and view two seperate Avantgo Accounts to the same PPC? If so, how does one go about setting this up, and how do you switch between the two on your PPC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jorgen
10-09-2002, 06:18 AM
I can't see how that would be possible. (And I can't see why you would want to :)

You could however add Mazingo to you PPC and that way have two different sets.

Jorgen

palmsolo
10-09-2002, 08:07 AM
For directions on how to setup and use two AvantGo accounts on your Pocket PC, please follow this link (http://www.pocketpclife.co.uk/articledetails.asp?article=121). As you can see this tip was sent in over a year ago and I used it before moving to Mazingo. There is no limit to your account size with Mazingo like there is with AvantGo and I have been using it without any problems on my 568.

dcharles18
10-09-2002, 08:09 AM
Well, here's my reasons. One, AG has a 2MB limit, synching two separate accounts would in theory up this to four. Second, I would like to keep different types of content separate, ie one for tech related stuff, one for medical stuff. I am essentially doing this right now with one AG account and one Mazingo Account. Lastly, while I love Mazingo (DVP subscriber) unfortunately where I live the only high speed net access option is satellite (very expensive) so I am stuck with dial up. Compared to AG, Mazingo takes an eternity to sync.

I'm almost positive that I read this was possible on a board somewhere, I just can't remember which one.

dcharles18
10-09-2002, 08:17 AM
Hey, thanks for the link. This is exactly what I was looking for!!