View Full Version : uninstall program, read only files

j1guitar
10-03-2002, 08:24 PM
I have installed a program demo called jaytrax

when I tried to uninstall It the uninstall program wouldn't do It and told me that certain files were read only etc etc

Using active sync explore ( i.e. windows explorer) I was able to deselect the read only checkmark from the files stored in the jaytrax folder (which was inside the my documents folder in main memory)

I could not do this to the main program file or a read me file which were stored within the windows folder on the ppc (hp jornada 568), as the checkboxes were greyed out :scrambleup:

Q1. how can I make these files accessable for deletion (i.e. not read only and deletable by the uninstaller)

Q2. If I delete these files via my pc (is this possible?) and then run the uninstaller will it uninstall correctly (and sort out the registry)

Q3 Why do people make their @**!!@* files read only and also supply the uninstall info file in windows Folder when youve got no chance in hell of getting it off your machine :evil:

any help appreciated
many thx
j1guitar

j1guitar
10-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Anyone?

j1guitar
10-22-2002, 11:03 PM
ok jftr i'll answer this one myself!!!!

downloaded all-explorer which was free(!) and was able to change the file properties of both files to be non read only

then just uninstalled as usual

Easy when you know how! ( is it just me or is the file explorer that comes with ce 3.0 a waste of space)

ps don't bother it's rhetorical :lol: