View Full Version : Connecting to a network/internet using my PPC

JackTheTripper
10-02-2002, 06:13 PM
OK, I know I can search for this both here and on the net but I'm just being lazy.

Just set up a wireless network at home and am really happy with it. But I was wondering about using it with my PPC. I have a Toshiba e310 but am curious about hooking up other types of PPC as well.

My network is a standard 802.11b.

I guess I have a couple of questions. What is Bluetooth? How do you use it to connect to a network/internet? Can I hook up to my network at home?

I'm asking because I have Apple at home. (No comments please) It's an iMac connected to a Linksys base and a PowerBook G4. This would really make it easy to transfer files/back up etc...

Hoping I don't have to buy two Bluetooth cards (one for PPC, one for G4) to make this happen.

Thanx in advance.

karen
10-02-2002, 07:04 PM
It seems to me that given the fact that you have a defacto standard already (802.11), you'd want to use that for your networking needs, regardless of whether or not they are PPC, Mac, or PC.

Is there a reason that you want to use another standard?

JackTheTripper
10-02-2002, 07:07 PM
Not looking for another standard. I'd LOVE to get my PPC hooked up with WiFi. But do they make a card for that?

Jorgen
10-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Wi-Fi SD cards are on their way:

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-942570.html?tag=fd_top

Jorgen

JackTheTripper
10-02-2002, 09:04 PM
BUT I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! :x :x :(

Oh well. :) Thanx for the info. Will keep my eyes open.