View Full Version : Latest Intersil Prism wifi drivers - anyone with experience?

jamescousins
09-21-2002, 12:33 AM
Hi folks, first post, glad to be here. :D

Im posting this wireless related thread in the ipaq section because that is the system i am running (with ppc2k). Maybe someone will want to move it to another section in the future :wink:

I recently purchased a generic wifi card based on the Prism2.5 chipset. Although the WinCE drivers supplied with the card will work, I am keen to try using the latest drivers supplied at the Intersil webpage -

http://www.intersil.com/design/prism/ss/p2smtrx.asp#-Prod_Driver_Package_Exe

After removing the old drivers, installing the new set, when I slot my wifi card in i get 'unrecognised card - enter the name of the device driver for this card'. I expected the card to be auto recognised, as with the old drivers, but no luck. Does anyone have experience with getting over this hurdle? Im not sure where to look/what to look for in terms of device drivers.

Thanks for any help

James

Jason Dunn
09-21-2002, 06:19 AM
Well, at the risk of stating the obvious, it sounds like their new drivers are broken - something that isn't unheard of. What features did the new drivers add? It might be best to go back to the old drivers until they fix the new ones. :-)

cbolvin
09-21-2002, 05:02 PM
The drivers probably aren't broken, just not compatible with your card. Generic cards aren't always totally "generic". It's not like NE2000 type ethernet adapters.

In addition, the drivers are intended for development sets and not commercially available adapters. It's always best to use the drivers provided by the card manufacturer.

gdaswani
10-08-2002, 12:13 PM
After removing the old drivers, installing the new set, when I slot my wifi card in i get 'unrecognised card - enter the name of the device driver for this card'. I expected the card to be auto recognised, as with the old drivers, but no luck. Does anyone have experience with getting over this hurdle? Im not sure where to look/what to look for in terms of device drivers.

It will work, those drivers are for all PRISM based cards - stick in
"PRISMNDS.DLL" when it says it's not recognized.. (one really can't expect Intersil to have all the devices ID's for their oems)..